Guest Viv75

Hi Everyone

Guest Viv75

Hello,

My name is Vivienne ( Viv) and I am 35 years old and Scottish. Originally from Aberdeen. Met my husband there, he is from Adelaide. Been travelling on and off there since 95 but moved out there permanently in 2000 when we got engaged. We moved back to Uk in 2007 to try for kids as we had no luck in Adelaide and lo and behold fell pregnant in Bristol. :DWe are currently living back in Scotland where my daughter was born. ( had to be Scottish she did) :jiggy:Now we are planning to move back to Adelaide at the end of the year but since I don't know many people from the Uk out there and I do get homesick it would be great to have friends from my part of the world. I wish I had known about this site before whilst living there but hey better late than never. We live in Somerton Park.

I do miss the Tim Tams , the Balfours pasties and Iced Coffee's. I am also very familiar with Adelaide ( girls for shopping etc... guys and girls for good eating & drinking spots and the visa process so if anyone has any questions, ask away.

Viv :v_SPIN:

Guest sforbes

Hey Viv,

I am from just up the road in Dunfermline and am moving to Adelaide next year....it would be great to get an insight into what is taking you back to Adelaide? It would be good to hear more about your experiences.

Cheers

Sharon

Hey Viv

Welcome, now that you have joined stick around. It's a great site for meeting people and when you come over make sure you go along to one of the many meets that get arranged on here.

It really won't take long before you have a regular social group and a good circle of friends.

Good luck

Andy

Guest Jules37

Hi Viv

Welcome to P.I.A Hope the move goes ok at the end of the year. We are still in the Uk but this site has been brilliant. I think your move back will be a lot easier knowing that you can come on here for advice or even just reassurance.

Jules

Guest Viv75

Hi There Sharon,

Dunfurmline eh, well what a small world. Adelaide is lovely, my husband is from there although we met in Aberdeen.

It's not as busy as Melbourne and Sydney, it does have it's seasons though which is nice. Cool in Winter and really hot in Summer. There are lots of parks there, lovely beaches and lots of really lovely restaurants. They have alot more variety than what we have in the UK.

I find it easy to get around both by car and alsoby public transport. Housing is quite cheap to rent I think anyway but we have a house out there so not too sure about average pricing for rent. Fuel is cheap though, grocery shopping about the same as what we have here, best shops are coles are foodland but Adelaide has the central market which is great for fresh produce. This is located in the city.

What else would you like to know? If you wanted we could meet up for a coffee and have a chat? Let me know and I'll send a message with my mobile.

Ciao for now.

Viv

Guest Quirt

Hey Viv, I'm from Ayr and lived in Aberdeen for eight years in total until I left to travel last year.

Then I got a job in Adelaide and so here I am!

Good luck with getting things sorted over the next few months and keep in touch!

Cheers,

Fiona

Guest sforbes
    Hi There Sharon,

Dunfurmline eh, well what a small world. Adelaide is lovely, my husband is from there although we met in Aberdeen.

It's not as busy as Melbourne and Sydney, it does have it's seasons though which is nice. Cool in Winter and really hot in Summer. There are lots of parks there, lovely beaches and lots of really lovely restaurants. They have alot more variety than what we have in the UK.

I find it easy to get around both by car and alsoby public transport. Housing is quite cheap to rent I think anyway but we have a house out there so not too sure about average pricing for rent. Fuel is cheap though, grocery shopping about the same as what we have here, best shops are coles are foodland but Adelaide has the central market which is great for fresh produce. This is located in the city.

What else would you like to know? If you wanted we could meet up for a coffee and have a chat? Let me know and I'll send a message with my mobile.

Ciao for now.

Viv

Hi Viv

Thanks alot for your message, sorry it's taken me ages to get in touch - I had a sneaky week away in Spain and I am just back (alreday missing the warm weather!!)

It would be great to meet for a coffee, I would really like that.

Drop me a note with your number and we can try and arrange something.

Cheers, sharon