Guest MrsHills

My Kitchen STINKS!!

Guest MrsHills

Cooked some fish last week, but my family room still smells vile!:arghh: Anyone got any 'handy hints' how to get rid of the smell??

dont you just love fish !!!!!

I know neutrodol is brill, not sure if they sell it here, use to be able to get in gel form, and just place in secluded place, it de-oderises rather than masks smells.

perhaps looking on household tips websites for handy hints might help, I know halved onions are supposed to be good for drawing away paint fumes (or perhaps old wives tale).

Otherwise cook something Indian/garlicy and have some different spicy smells to flood your living room. (gotta be better than fish).............. goodluck xx

Guest Django
    Cooked some fish last week, but my family room still smells vile!:arghh: Anyone got any 'handy hints' how to get rid of the smell??

Simple answer is not to cook fish in the house cook it on the BBQ in the garden. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest katsmajic

Open your windows???

If its got into the fabrics then you need a stronger flavour/smell to overpower/replace it...as mentioned curries etc but boiling up lemons is a nicer fragrance.

Cut lemons up 1st boil and simmer in water for about 30mins...

Try eucalyptus oil in a spray bottle,diluted in water.The Aussies use it to mask the worst stenches were i work,it's very good.:)

Guest MrsHills

Thanks for all your replies - I will have the BEST smelling house ever, and from now on all fish products WILL be cooked on barbie!!!

Guest steph&neil

Hi seems you have solved it this time but the easist & most iold fashioned way is to burn some toast it will absorb the smell & the smell of the burn toast wont hang around for long just open a window or door - and make sure you have a tea towel for the smoke alarm - that way you will be checking it as well!!!!