Guest gingerlindz

Health insurance

Guest gingerlindz

Hi a couple questions which have probably been asked before...

Before i ask just a wee idea of who we are! Its just me and my boyfriend coming across both 30, no health issues.

1/ can anyone explain how it works whats the most appropriate cover to take?

2/ average cost of the health insurance per week or month just so i know what a good and stupid quote is?

3/Anyone got any hints on who to go with and do we do it over internet or phone people?

thanks in advance

Lindsay x

Guest familygood

Medicare covers anything medically necessary - which is most things! If you are planning kids might be worth getting some cover but i have found the maternity services under medicare really excellent. We got cover because we both wear glasses, have terrible teeth, small kids and use the physio sometimes. If you don't have those things I wouldn't worry and just get ambo cover.

Guest willfam

Have a look at iselect.com.au. You can compare health insurance companies and get quotes too.

Guest gingerlindz

We're coming across on a 457 visa and when doing the thousand and one questions on it they say they want proof of health insurance?

On average how much will i be paying a month? roughly.

Lindsay