Guest RichandHelen

Incy Wincy Spider..

Guest TraceyT

Ew, that looks like a huntsman if memory serves me right. Brings back awful memories of having to share a shower with them in the outback campsites. I hope to God my daughter doesn't get introduced to one when we first land - she will be on the 1st plane back!

Guest Trakki

We had one of those a huntsman living in the lounge for about a month but then started to look a bit ill as we have a morteing fly spray thing so we put her in the shed much to my 4 year olds disgust. When it first appeared my 4 year old was scared of her but as I didn't have time to catch her and throw her out told my daughter it was a good spider that eats all the nasty ones and to give it a name thinking she would call it fred or something like that. 'Buttercup' was the name she come up with and told everyone she had a pet spider!

Guest Drumms

Holy Mother of God! OMG!

How the buggery am I going to overcome my inner scream, which then becomes a full on scream, which then involves lots of running on the spot whilst shaking myself like a dog just out of the water as if they are crawling all over me?

I freaked just from the photograph! :shocked:

(repeating to myself over and over 'it's part of the aussie dream, it's part of the aussie dream'):chatterbox:

Guest cornish Busdriver

What a little beauty.

Huntsmans are great, i got bit twice by the same one in one night lol lol.

note to self: dont play or anoy them lol lol lol

Huntys are great we have a few round our house...they have right of passage in any room.....bit weird taking a shower while one of em is watching tho....

Everything else gets squidged outside and then left for the ants to feast on....lol

HG

Guest Carolandcraig

What a beauty that is, we saw one in our letter box, the first day we moved into our rental not seen it since much to my daughters dissapointment.

LOL!!!! You'll be fine. We get ours in the swimming pool not in the house BUT do remember they tend to travel in pairs.

Liz