Guest SydneyVegas

Hello from Sydney!!!

Guest SydneyVegas

Hello all!!

Finally registered after months of browsing and thoroughly enjoying the site.

We currently live in Sydney having moved here as PR's in Sept 06 from Stalybridge (Cheshire) and are now planning the move to Adelaide due to family having moved there and more family and friends on the way.

Its a bit weird in a way because even though we've lived in Oz for almost 4 years and settled very well and have lots of 'ozzie lifestyle' knowledge, we're relatively new to everything in Adelaide so will be seeking advice along the way.

In the meantime, if there are any of you planning a trip to Sunny Sydney give us a shout and we'll help with any questions any of you may have!!

Enjoy your weekend

Julie

We made the move from Wagga Wagga NSW 6 mths ago and love it here, son is moving down from Orange in August.

It's not cheap if you are renting a truck, we had a few hiccups along the way but nowt major. Good Luck xx

And your old Football team would be called Stalybridge Celtic, i used to live in Buxton Derbyshire, then moved to Cheltenham Gloucestershire then onto the promised land....been here 2 years and loving it....

Welcome to the forum....i am sure you will enjoy your time with us...

HG

Guest SydneyVegas

We drove through Wagga Wagga last year on our way to Adelaide and stopped off for something to eat. Its a beautiful place and I'm not surprised you fell for it.

The drive from Sydney through Vic to Adelaide is unbelievable and some of the little towns have to be seen to be believed. We went via Hay Plains/Sturt Highway. This year we went via Bendigo, and again an amazing journey.

Thanks for your support. We're not sure yet if we'll self drive the truck or get someone in to do it. It'll depend on cost and mental stability at the time!!

Julie

Julie,

We used to live in Hyde not to far from Staly Vagus.

I hope that Adelaide lives up to all you want it to be.

We have some friends that live in Hallet Cove and his Sister is moving over to Adelaide from Sydney next week!

What a weird small world we live in.

All the best Rob and Mel

Guest SydneyVegas
    And your old Football team would be called Stalybridge Celtic, i used to live in Buxton Derbyshire, then moved to Cheltenham Gloucestershire then onto the promised land....been here 2 years and loving it....

Welcome to the forum....i am sure you will enjoy your time with us...

HG

You wont believe this but our first house was about 200yds (showing my age now) away from the Celtic ground.

Actually myself and Elliot are HUGE Man City fans: Blue through and through. We watch every match on Fox.

Talking of Buxton, we spent the weekend before our wedding there some years ago. Its a beautiful place.

Thanks for your support

Guest SydneyVegas
    Julie,

We used to live in Hyde not to far from Staly Vagus.

I hope that Adelaide lives up to all you want it to be.

We have some friends that live in Hallet Cove and his Sister is moving over to Adelaide from Sydney next week!

What a weird small world we live in.

All the best Rob and Mel

Thank you so much!

Bren's sister worked in Hyde and she and her husband now live in Adelaide which is one of the main reasons we're moving.

Your right, it is a v small world!!

Julie