IT in Adelaide, salary and opportunities

Guest Etienne

Guest Etienne

Hi,

We recently activated our visas for our move to SA next year (2011). I was sponsored as an IT professional. BUt now that reality ki8cked in, I am starting to question all sorts of things.

A PeopleBank salary survey shows salaries not too bad for my line of business: http://www.peoplebank.com.au/knowledge/pdf/si-nov-09/Peoplebank%20-%20IT&T%20Salary%20Index%20-%20Adelaide.pdf

I am hoping to work as an IT consultant, architect or BA. My specility if Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, and I have lot of business facing , proj mnagement and actual hands on experience up to managerial and leaderhip level.

Can anyone give me some advice on the IT industry health in Adelaide and does the PeopleBank survey seem possible?

Guest Philip

The IT industry in Adelaide is very competitive due to there being a lot less positions compared to say Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.