Guest alice in wonderland

alice in wonderland

hi everyone, we are fliying out to adelaide in july, i am a nurse and will be working in the salisbury area, can anyone give me any advice re renting property in the salisbury area, good areas/bad etc

Hi

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I have only been here just over 6 months and don't know much about the area you will be working sorry.

All I will say is bring as much info as you can when you are trying to rent. Letter from your neighbours, pictures of where you live now, mortgage statement all will help secure the rental that you want.

Inspections are only 15mins and can be very competitive, I have heard that salisbury it's self can be quite rough but that is only hear say.

Hope you can find some help on the forum, it has been really helpful for us.

Michelle

thanks michelle that is very helpful, we visited salisbury last year when we were on holiday, parts do look a bit rough, but there are also some very nice places especially around golden grove.

All my family are in adelaide, One son and family live in hallett cove, my eldest son and family live at seaview downs so we will have lots of support when we arrive. How are you settlingi australia?

some of the info i have been reading scares me.

Hya Salisbury is fine, its pretty cheap and within easy reach of trains/buses .

It has some run down areas and some nice.

just look for a short term rental until your sure where you want to live.

its only about 30mins from city and 25/30mins from semaphore beach

Jo (Salisbury Massive) lives in Salisbury and always posts some really useful info on the area - I've just had a quick scan through and found this one - http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/renting-real-estate/9155-what-these-suburbs-like.html#post76330 but it's one of many, so if you have a spare hour or two, try a search of her past posts. In addition, any of the northeastern suburbs are good commuting distance to Salisbury, as is Mawson Lakes, so if you're doing a browse for rental properties, include suburbs such as Wynn Vale, Greenwith, Golden Grove, Surrey Downs, Tea Tree Gully, Modbury, Hope Valley, Dernancourt, Highbury..... if you want rural One Tree Hill is lovely..... if you want coastal then look around Port Adelaide/Semaphore - with the Port River Expressway open, an easy drive to Salisbury. There're only a couple of areas I'd maybe avoid - Davoren Park, Smithfield, and Elizabeth Downs - but most other places are absolutely fine, and the bad things you hear will generally be from people who have never been to the area themselves!

Thanks Dianne your advice is invaluable, i am looking forward to hous hunting in the Salisbury Area now