Guest Janine,Mark&Ollie

confused about addresses

Guest Janine,Mark&Ollie

Were trying to book our removals and dog transport. weve had lots of visits,quotes and phone calls and now it comes to signing on the dotted line they say they need a oz address (three of the four removal companies never mentioned this so when I rang them up they said oh yes!) but we wont have an address till we get there and find one! How did you all get round this, or can you use the initial holiday address? Help, cant get anything sorted!:arghh:

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:i,m pretty sure they told us as long as you give an address (even tempory) and contact them when you know more, even give your mobil number as well, just in case they need to get hold of you,

someone who has actually made the move will be able to tell you for definate, i'll watch your post, will be useful for me

good luck with the organizing

Guest The Dimmocks

We asked Justins potential employer and he was kind enough to give us his home address. As soon as we knew the address of our temporary accommodation we changed it and then changed it again when we got our longer term rental. Would think most removal companies are used to having peoples address change a few times.

Guest familygood

We used our short term rental address then updated it wih UK and the compnay here that dealt with delivery when we had a perm address.

Guest Guest75

The shipping companies need a postal address as they will normally send you a letter out confirming the details of your container - and sometimes some extra charges.

Any safe address will do :D

Guest Janine,Mark&Ollie

Thank you all, I will use our temporary address and get all the forms sent off!

We used a friends address out here, and due to our shippijg still being on the boat when we got here we just rang the compnay up and gave them our new address....

HG