Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

Driving license?

Guest SUPERSTARDJ01

HI,

Probably wrong thread but do you need to retake a driving test when you emergrate to Oz if you have a full UK license?

Hello

Just take your UK driving licence, proof of your new address, passport and a nice smile for having your photo taken and voila you can get an Aussie licence. You get to keep your UK one as well. You do not need to take another test. No one here takes a test!!!!!

:arghh:

When I moved here in 1994 I did have to take a full South Australian driving test (theory and practical).

Luckily for you guys now they have seen sense and you don't have to take it anymore.

Guest kangomik

just swap it when you get here...ohh and pay

Guest guest569
    We arrived in September 2005 and just had to do the theory test.

we got here oct 05' and just swapped over !!:wacko:

HI,

Probably wrong thread but do you need to retake a driving test when you emergrate to Oz if you have a full UK license?

As the others have mentioned, it's not an issue. If you have a bike licence as well, make sure you mention it so they add it - I know someone who had there's added and they didn't have it on their British licence :)

Cooler

Guest guest569
    As the others have mentioned, it's not an issue. If you have a bike licence as well, make sure you mention it so they add it - I know someone who had there's added and they didn't have it on their British licence :)

Cooler

They did want to let me add my bike liscence. It was only when i passed my boat test that i spoke to someone different and moaned about it and they did it for me !!!:notworthy:

They did want to let me add my bike liscence. It was only when i passed my boat test that i spoke to someone different and moaned about it and they did it for me !!!:notworthy:

Well my friend lives in our 'hood and couldnt believe it.

Boat licence, I always look enviously at the boats out when I'm driving to work :)

Cooler

Had to sit both parts when we came in 97 and had a time limit to do it in think it was 6 weeks.

Not wrong thread - The rules vary from State to State but in Adelaide you can swop your full UK driving licence for an Australian one. You will need to take in your UK one and complete the form and then pay the fee. You will have 3 months from the date you arrive to swop it over. We were given the advice however not to leave it to the 11th hr as they could ask you to re-sit a test. It is around $45 for the first year and then $27 per year. It is up to how long you do your licence for. They take your photo there and then and issue you a temporary one. Your permanent one is then sent to you in the post. Hope it helps.

HI,

Guest cornish Busdriver
    HI,

Car and bike licence is a straight transfer from uk to South Australian.

If you have a PSV / PCV or any type of LGV / HGV you will have to resit a driving test but its pretty easy by UK standards.