PR Granted

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

As a lot of you are aware we came here 17 months ago on a temp visa and last September my O/H's new employer agreed to sponsor him for PR. We started off going for a Onshore RSMS (having been advised by 3 different people in the DIAC) only to be told we could NOT apply for this due to the current visa. As we had already paid $1500 for the meds we decided to go for an Offshore RSMS. We had a lot of hiccups along the way due to my O/H still having a 16 yr old daughter in Ireland and her mother refusing to assist in any way by allowing medicals or police checks for her but we finally got there. We left for a week in Bali to get the new visa in the passports and returned home on Wednesday as Permanent Residents:jiggy:

We bought a house last May and now the visa has come through before we own the house a year(by 10 days) we should be able to claim the FHOG....Thanks to PIA's Stacey who has helped with all the paperwork and submitted it all for us:notworthy:Thank God as something has to pay for Bali!!!

I have been worrying for so long about wether we could financially survive until PR came through as we have used up all our savings and even had handouts from my wonderful Dad so it is now a big relief to get it.

Thanks to all on here who have been great with advice and support through it all;)

Guest Guest75

Well done!!!:D:D

I know it's been a tough time for you recently so some good news was needed for you:D

How's the little fella now??

Guest Nicky&Andy

great news, congrats, espically when you have kiddies ,its alot easier with a P.R,

cant believe youve been there for 17months already, we had our visa abit before you but still in the uk, hopefully this yr will be our time to go.

congratulations again

Guest guest3462

Congratulations! We are stuck in limbo land with the current suspensions but hopefully we'll be able to resubmit 1st July...........just keep swimming as Dory says!

As a lot of you are aware we came here 17 months ago on a temp visa and last September my O/H's new employer agreed to sponsor him for PR. We started off going for a Onshore RSMS (having been advised by 3 different people in the DIAC) only to be told we could NOT apply for this due to the current visa. As we had already paid $1500 for the meds we decided to go for an Offshore RSMS. We had a lot of hiccups along the way due to my O/H still having a 16 yr old daughter in Ireland and her mother refusing to assist in any way by allowing medicals or police checks for her but we finally got there. We left for a week in Bali to get the new visa in the passports and returned home on Wednesday as Permanent Residents:jiggy:

We bought a house last May and now the visa has come through before we own the house a year(by 10 days) we should be able to claim the FHOG....Thanks to PIA's Stacey who has helped with all the paperwork and submitted it all for us:notworthy:Thank God as something has to pay for Bali!!!

I have been worrying for so long about wether we could financially survive until PR came through as we have used up all our savings and even had handouts from my wonderful Dad so it is now a big relief to get it.

Thanks to all on here who have been great with advice and support through it all;)

thats brilliant news, well done guys...onswards and upwards as they say....:wubclub:

HG

Guest Stacey

Congrats guys and honestly it's been a pleasure sorting it out for you..we got there in the end loL!!

I hand delivered the application on Friday so fingers crossed it should all be smooth sailing from here (famous last words!!)

Stacey

xx