Paula&Adrian

Nearly 3 weeks in Adelaide

Hi Everyone

We arrived in Adelaide on 30th August and lots has happened since.

We stayed at Woodcroft Caravan Park initially. We could only get a week there so we spent alot of the first week looking for a rental. Looked at a rental on Monday 3rd September, put an application in for it on the Wednesday, were told we had got it on the Thursday and moved in on Friday. In the same week we also bought a car, a Holden Commodore Station Wagon.

After we had been told we had got the rental, we then went shopping. The first thing we bought was a bed. Since then we have bought a fridge, freezer, washing machine, leather suite, dining suite, ironing board, iron and kitchen equipment. The house is in Seaford. The kids are settling into Seaford K-7 school.

Last Saturday our landlord's daughter and son-in-law took us wine tasting around the wineries in McClaren Vale and on Sunday we met up with a couple who we met in the UK who moved in Adelaide in May.

We would like to meet up with anyone who is interested.

Speak to you soon.

Paula and Adrian

Guest dglamoore

You must be only round the corner from us and little ones in same school :biglaugh: Would love to meet up and sent you a pm with my number in. Live in Port Noarlunga South 10 mins walk from school so close by ;)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

welcome, welcome - what a whirlwind time you have had! Well done.

We are not too far away either - Huntfield Heights, so let us know if you want to arrange something.

Regs

Sas

Guest Guest75

Hiya

Good to see you settling in and making so much progress.

Bit sunnier than Yorkshire innit??;);)

Guest donna T

Welcome to Adelaide!

We at McLaren Vale on Saturday too so may have passed you in between sips! PM me if you would like to meet up.

Guest rick b

hi paula,adrian

me (rik)my wife(kay)and are two boys louis(7)taylor(6)are arriving in adelaide on saturday dec 1st,we would love to meet up,we live about 25 mins from silsden a village called hellifield,my wifes brother actually lives in silsden(small world)anyway hope you are settling in over there,we are very very nervous but very exited at the same time.

hope to hear from you soon

rik,family

Theres lots of us from West/North Yorkshire coming over, we were from near Haworth, moving to Flastaff Hill soon. We too have 2 boys, 5 & 6 (nearly 7) they are settling really well, just starting to miss all their toys, but only a couple more weeks till they can have them all back - can't wait.

Good luck with your trip

Guest Roo1
    Welcome to Adelaide!

We at McLaren Vale on Saturday too so may have passed you in between sips! PM me if you would like to meet up.

Where you really? You wouldn't have happened to notice 2 rather tipsy guys :wacko: having more than their fair share of wine, whilst the wives entertained the children?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

It was a good day hun!!

Paula and Adrian, I'd love to meet up too. Just send a PM when you want to have a get together.

Judi x

Guest paulocon

Hiya Paula & Adrian, great to hear you have settled in well!!! Sounds like your enjoying it already. Let us know your first impressions and if its living up to your expectations!!!

Might see you both soon - coming over in early March 08 for a reccie!!!

Paul + sharon

I'm in Hallett Cove, I have 2 children aged 10 & 7 who are out of school for 3 weeks, hoping to enrol them at All Saints Seaford next week for a start after the holidays.

Would gladly meet up, pm me & pop over for a coffee or we could meet locally, don't mind.

Angela

Guest the warburtons

Hi Both

Glad you are settling in. We are also in Seaford, its a great area to live isnt it- central for everything.

We would love to meet up too, im always around in the day time and am keen to meet others for a coffee and a chat. My 20 years old daughter had just gone back to the UK as she was too homesick and i feel lost without her !

Any one else care to meet up ?

Toni

Guest widdop family
    Hi Everyone

We arrived in Adelaide on 30th August and lots has happened since.

We stayed at Woodcroft Caravan Park initially. We could only get a week there so we spent alot of the first week looking for a rental. Looked at a rental on Monday 3rd September, put an application in for it on the Wednesday, were told we had got it on the Thursday and moved in on Friday. In the same week we also bought a car, a Holden Commodore Station Wagon.

After we had been told we had got the rental, we then went shopping. The first thing we bought was a bed. Since then we have bought a fridge, freezer, washing machine, leather suite, dining suite, ironing board, iron and kitchen equipment. The house is in Seaford. The kids are settling into Seaford K-7 school.

Last Saturday our landlord's daughter and son-in-law took us wine tasting around the wineries in McClaren Vale and on Sunday we met up with a couple who we met in the UK who moved in Adelaide in May.

We would like to meet up with anyone who is interested.

Speak to you soon.

Paula and Adrian

Hi Paua & Adrian

We would love to meet up we are also from west yorkshire, but we have been out 18 months now, and we live at hallett cove , and my 2 boys go to hallett cove south primary they are aged 10 & 9

Regards

Julie