Is going for your medicals as positive thing?

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Hi all

I may just be grasping at straws here, but I want to know if being asked to go for medicals is a sign that your visa app is looking good, at least from the perspective of the immigration consultants?

I am including my mother in law as a dependent in our visa application and whilst my wife and I know that my mother in law will be dependent on us indefinitely, it can be tricky to prove it.

I have presented all of the evidence to the consultants and today, we've been asked to go for medicals. Would I be right in saying that if they didn't think our case was good, they wouldn't ask us to go to the expense and effort in getting medicals done? :wubclub:

Guest Nick11

I was under the impression that if you have been asked by your co to go for meds- your application is okay with no probs.

However in the murky world of diac anything is possible!!!!!

We decided to go against the advise from our agent and get the medicals done. They were sent and it seemed to kick start our application and 3 weeks later we recieved our visas. I agree strongly that each application is different and you can't say who will get there visas and who don't. If they have instructed you to get them done then I would be knocking down the door to get them done. Good luck!!!

Guest Squareman

Thing is, we haven't submitted all of the required documentation. We only sent thru the authorisation for this particular agency to handle our visa app last week!?

There were some changes to the medical process. We had to wait to be sent when allocated a case officer but I think it's a much earlier process (3 months?) now.

Your police clearance will be another story!!!

The wonderfully efficient SAPS lost our fingerprints three times!!!!! Just make sure that you make all the arrangements for them to be couriered to SAPS and collected.

Tamara

Our last dealings with SA cops was when our son in law had his wallet lifted at the canal walk shopping centre. When he went to report it the cops were sitting outside the charge office drinking beer and eating pies (must have had the munchies!!!). They were too busy to help and gave him his own police docket to fill in himself!!!! I kid you not....we still have it!!

I guess that it was better than when my mothers car was stolen. The cops recovered it after an armed robbery but when we went to collect it ...... it had been stripped in the police yard!!!

Guest Squareman

One of my main reasons for wanting to emigrate!

People in Adelaide, or the UK for that matter, can't relate to what we put up with in South Africa. There was a story not so long ago about the woman in Kempton Park who was hijacked on her way home. She walked to a police station to report the crime and the police in the charge office then took turns raping her in one of the cells.

Your visa has to get granted! It's the best move you will ever make! The sense of relief when our visas came through!!!! We took the first available flight and still call it "the evacuation".

Thank you for asking about accomodation. Our properties are really popular and we have bookings for some properties untill May next year. I do hope that we have an available booking for you as you sound like lots of fun!

I would recommend the Port Noarlunga properties as it's a great place to stay.

See you soon!

Tamara