Sign in to follow this  
Guest Naomi McCrone

Need Advice!!!

Guest Naomi McCrone

Hi my name is Stuart I moved to Adelaide at the beginning of Feb. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the telecoms industry? I was employed in the UK as a BT underground and overhead install and repair engineer and am trying to find work in the same area over here. I've completed my Open Registration course and am trying to find out who the contractors are that do work for Telstra or if there are any other companies?

Thanks for your help Stuart

Guest Tina P

Hi,

I believe Downer Engineering and Service Stream are the main contractors for Telstra.

My hubby worked for Virgin Media in the uk and we looked into this when we first arrived but it may have changed !

You have to be self employed and have your own van so the set up is expensive.

I have seen Downer advertising for contractors but this was a few months back, try Seek and just put in the name.

Good luck

Tina

Guest Naomi McCrone

Thanks Tina the info was a great help. Did your hubby find work in the telecoms industry or is he doing something diffrent now. I noticed you where from Bradford were abouts in Bradford as we are from thier too?

thanks again Stuart

Guest Tina P

Hi,

No he doesn't work in telecoms. We lived in Queensbury before we moved out and Wibsey before that.

You ?

Guest Naomi McCrone

Hi Tina we lived in Wrose near Shipley but worked and drinked around Wibsey a bit.

Guest Naomi McCrone

I think he meant DRUNK , as he was prob DRUNK at the time of writing this!