Any drug professionals out there?

Guest mayjess
Hi Mayjess,

Thanks for the reply. I would like any info that you have regarding any of these types of roles. I am currently working for DIP in County Durham. Can you help?

Regards

Hi,, yep plenty of these roles around,, especially with non - gov organisations like the salvation army etc, ive applied myself, as i have experience working with addictions, mainly tobacco/cannabis.

mayjess

Guest mayjess

Prob for the gov jobs you have to have PR, but for the non-gov ones its prob just a visa permitting you to work,, salary is quite good, ive seen it from $50,000 upwards. check out www.careerone.com.au type in community development or community health development or counselling etc.

Mayjess

Guest Zoot

For State government jobs i.e. jobs with the South Australian State Government and its affiliated departments you dont need PR and local government jobs you dont need PR. The State government has its own website where it advertises jobs and there is a site for local government jobs - just google it.

On a lighter note everytime I see your heading about drug professionals I get this hollywood image of a drug dealer - complete with bling :biglaugh:

Guest Zoot

I am also on a State sponsored visa so have found you are free to apply for public sector jobs - if any job has a restriction that you need to be an Australian citizen it will make it abundantly clear (will usually state you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this job) but otherwise your visa allows you to work for any company or organisation that you are qualified for (will usually say something like must have a valid Australian working visa). It is just Federal jobs i.e. working for departments that fall under Canberra that we wouldnt be eligible to work for. After that it is up to the individual company.