Hello all

Guest garlic--bread

Guest garlic--bread

Hi, my name is Russ and I've been a memeber on here since August last year, and have posted a couple of threads but never really introduced myself.

I was introduced to this forum by my sister who now lives in Adelaide though she used to reside in Wagga Wagga in NSW, I visited her a couple of years ago (that has gone soooo fast) and was totally blown away.

I'm looking forward to going back, this time to Adelaide, hopefully late this year or early next year for a hol, but due to personal circumstances I'm seriously considering a move before I'm too old. So much so that I followed a link to a migration agent website (thinkingAustralia) and received a call back on Monday evening. I've read on other forums not to touch them so I just need advice on what peoples experiences with them are. I've been given really positive info by them and I'm very tempted to take them on for the process.

So let me know who you chose for your process and wether you thought they were any good or not.

Thanks, Russ.

Guest WhatNow?

Don't know anyone who has used him and been happy and don't know anyone who has used him and been unhappy either, but I have met the top man on several occasions and I probably wouldn't buy a used car off him...

Guest JoTanCalOwen

HI,

We are using Visa Bureau too, they have helped us, been on the phone whenever we have needed them and kept us upto date via email all through the changes, I really REALLY have no complaints..

Good Luck

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Thanks JoTanCalOwen saw you on wanted down under. How are you getting along?

Hello,

Ahh, nice you remebered us, (hoping its on a good point thoug ha ha ha :P)

we are doing OK. our visas application was submitted (date stamped0 October 1st last year) so we are just waiting now, trying to stay positive amongst the current financial climate and the Australian Government changes , but still wanting to go.

Keep us updated on your application

Tanya

Guest gabriel
Hi, my name is Russ and I've been a memeber on here since August last year, and have posted a couple of threads but never really introduced myself.

I was introduced to this forum by my sister who now lives in Adelaide though she used to reside in Wagga Wagga in NSW, I visited her a couple of years ago (that has gone soooo fast) and was totally blown away.

I'm looking forward to going back, this time to Adelaide, hopefully late this year or early next year for a hol, but due to personal circumstances I'm seriously considering a move before I'm too old. So much so that I followed a link to a migration agent website (thinkingAustralia) and received a call back on Monday evening. I've read on other forums not to touch them so I just need advice on what peoples experiences with them are. I've been given really positive info by them and I'm very tempted to take them on for the process.

So let me know who you chose for your process and wether you thought they were any good or not.

Thanks, Russ.

Hi Russ

We are using thinkingaustralia and we have found them to be very helpful (we are t state sponsorship stage)-always getting back to us very quickly with our queries -we are dealing with Cameron Russell there he is Australian and flits between UK and Oz offices. Some e-mails I have sent late at night he has responded within minutes and my OH has rang out of hours & left messages on the answerphone & Darrel (Director) has rang back with the hour.

Hope that helps & good luck with everything!

Trudy

Guest garlic--bread

Hi Trudy,

It's Cameron who gave me the call back, he sounded like a decent guy and he was more than helpful. The price didn't seem too bad either.

Russ

Guest Drea

Hi Russ,

Andrea here, thanks for your reply, I can't really answer your questions as I went through a job agency and was lucky enough to get a job sponsorship, anyway would be nice to keep in touch.

Take care.

Guest Coleybear

Hi

We have been using 1st Contact Visas, the girls name is Brooke Watts (she is an Aussie herself) and so efficent!!! Let me know if you want her contact details. We are in the process of obtaining a spousal visa for my husband as I am Australian but we have been living in London for 10 years.

Best of Luck!

Nicole

Guest Guest75

Bit of a late welcome to PIA Russ (we share the same first name - well it's one of the cleaner ones I answer to!)

Looks like you are getting stuck in OK :)

Shame you are from "Wrong side O' Pennines Lad" :biglaugh::biglaugh::P

Leeds lad mysen'

Guest garlic--bread

Cheers Tyke lad. (not many of us Russ' about is there?) Aye I'm a Wigan lad, pies, Rugby and beautiful intelligent women. By the way......

Q. Why aren't Wigan girls allowed coffee breaks ? A. It takes too long to re-train them.

And that's a clean joke :)

Guest nicola and jason

hi everyone just joined and thought i would get straight on with the questions is there any one who has gone to adelaide through a job sponsorship and could let us know how long it takes and if we can come to adelaide on a hoilday visa why we wait for our work visa to come through any advise would be greatful

Guest norris

Thanks, Russ.[/QUO

hiya does your sister work at a foodworks store which used to be a coles ????

Guest garlic--bread

Hi

Yes my sister does indeed work at the foodworks store that used to be coles in Morphett Vale (on the deli - ask for pommie lorraine, lol)

We were talking yesterday cos she's just started doing 'themed' days there with the food, she's a very good cook and her meals were legendary in wagga wagga when she worked at foodworks there! so my advice would be to 'pop in' especially on a Tuesday if you fancy a curry, forget about the indian curry house next to foodworks, she may not always be at work but get there sharpish cos it sells out pretty fast!! Just to give everyone the heads up, she's going to be doing a traditional Hotpot (wi a crust and red cabbage Tyke! lol) so I'll keep you all posted when it's available!!!

Russ

Guest guest3462

Hi there, I can't answer your queires about using an agent as we are doing the application ourseles and I was just wondering if you have thought about doing the visa app yourself? It's pretty straightforward online and anything you get stuck with there is always someone on here to help. Gollywobbler is amazing on here! It will save you a heap of cash, enough to fly out and set up first accommodation; and there are whispers that the immi dept favours personal applications rather than agency ones (although I have no idea how true or not this is!!!!) You can still get your visa in the same time frame and the immi dept are always happy to answer any queires (theyhave been with us anyway!) Although they do prefer email queries.

Good luck with your application whichever way you decide to go.

JC x

Guest Drea

Hi Jason and Nicola,

It takes about 6 months once sponsorship has been granted, I was offered job offer this month and they said around November although a date has to be arranged, Im not sure of the holiday part, however keep in touch and we can swap notes. My first step is the IELTS exam which i sit in three weeks so im studying hard just now, so want to pass it.

Take care for now,

Drea.