Been here 4 weeks today! hello everyone!

likesshopping

Hi All

Sorry its taken me so long to post a message on here - I did type a long post - took me 35mins, but pressed a button and lost it all!!doh!.

For those who dont know - we bought a house in Seaford Rise from over the net, when we were back in the uk. The first time we saw it was when we arrived on 21st august........Its lovely and even better than what we expected - we are really chuffed with it.

We stayed in Port NOarlunga motel for 3 nights - as we didnt have any beds or anything to sleep on in our new home - so for the first 3 days we spent inside shops...looking back it was hard on the kids - we hardly fed them and we were all a bit short tempered with each other. We had to buy EVERYTHING..bed sheets, cutlery, iron, everything you need to live basically. After 1 week shopping, the kids were begging us to take then to school!! - So, after a week and a half here they started Seaford Rise primary shcool - so far, so good - both have made lots of friends.

The first couple of weeks was really really hectic - the pace has just lessened off and Im looking forward to catching up with people.....Yesterday, I dropped the kids off at school and took a lovely walk on my own along Moana beach - it was heaven.....I feel so lucky to be here - its beautiful. All the beaches we have been to so far are gorgeous, the sea is so blue and clear...........everything seems to be in techno color..

Chris is still looking for work, thats the only thing that would just complete everything for us...its only been 4 weeks, but we both crave that routine...(chris to be at work, me to be a home sorting house and kids out)....

We didnt bring a container - we just have 20 boxes coming over with personal belongings, pc, photos etc......we decided to sell our stuff and buy new here - our stuff isnt coming until mid october - so having to use internet at Library at the mo.

The weather has been lovely since we arrived - only a couple of overcast days when the sun hasnt been out - Ive worn flip flops everyday!

I love it here..its gorgeous and every day I thank my lucky stars that we are here....we are spending quality time with the kids - going on bike rides, walks and being outdoors alot more - just what we wanted.

The rollercoaster ride of waiting for our visa just seems like a dream now - its weird........For all those who are still waiting - it'll soon be your turn!

Will try and catch up again soon

sarahx

Hi Sarah

So glad you have all settled in so well and so quickly. How much fun are you going to have doing all that shopping especially when the kids are at school? Just think that by the time the summer arrives, you will be well and truly settledand can just relax. x

Hi

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Welcome to Adelaide Sarah - just realised who you are .... know you by association really, heard all about your beautiful house through another family from Evesham who have been here a little longer than you.

Anyway, well done on achieving so much so quickly - no doubt our paths will cross at a BBQ sometime soon.

Thanks for making it sound like paradise, because it really is and it is great to have another family over here singing from the rooftops like we do! It really is the small, simple things that make this move worthwhile (and many people forget them sometimes) - stunning beaches, fresh air, big wide open spaces .... the list is endless!

All the best for now

Sarah

:jiggy:

Glad to hear you arrived safe and well. Fingers crossed that Chris finds the job he is looking for soon. Then you can relax a bit more and have no worries. Good also to hear that the kids have settled and made friends at school. Look forward to more nes soon.

Pete

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi Sarah

Glad to hear you are still enjoying it and hope Chris gets a job soon. It's a shame we had to come back to UK but hopefully selling the house and packing up will make the time pass quickly and then we can come back there for good.

Rachel

Guest dunnarunna

love reading the posts of peoples first impressions of when they arrive, especially as i`ve been in the huge doubts stage lately. sounds like the sort of time we`ll have when we arrive as we are selling up too & only taking a few boxes of personal possesions, if you dont mind sarah could you pm me who you used for packing & how much, & so glad the house purchase worked out for you, couldnt work out & the time of reading your original post about this if you were mad or brave, or was it both:biglaugh:

donna

We didnt bring a container - we just have 20 boxes coming over with personal belongings, pc, photos etc......we decided to sell our stuff and buy new here - our stuff isnt coming until mid october

Hi sounds like everything is going to plan for you.

One quick question who did you use to ship your boxes, we don’t need a container as we are only thinking of taking personal belongings, kids toys and DVD’s ect...

Ffion and Dylan

Guest russell 12

Hi Sarah

Congrats on your move:jiggy: sounds like you have been in a bit of a spin! know what you mean about the beaches, we were lucky enough to spend 10 weeks in Adelaide earlier this year i incorporated it as part of my nurse training. i worked( for free) at the Royal Adelaide in their Cancer Centre. You are a nurse, is that right?

I have been offered a sponsorship at the calvary which begins in feb 2008, just had an offer on our house here, then its on with the visa. Do you think it will get processed in time?

We went to moana beach, you can take the cars on here, is that right/

Southport beach is fab for surfing:biglaugh: ( not that we can) but had fun trying...can manage a body board. Henley beach is a must too, pretty modern and cool with a gorgeous Thai restaurant.

Wish i was there!!!

Are you working?

Speak soon

louise 3, Craig34 Georgia 13 and Millie 5:cute:

Guest theshearers

Hi Sarah

Glad to see you are settling in well, you sound like you are all having the time of your lives!!

Am so pleased that the house is so fab. It looked totally stunning on the internet so it must be great to finally get in there.

Best of luck to you all and keep us all posted on how its going.

Take care

Vicki x

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

You have settled so well - all clicking into place for you. Great house so not surprised you love it :jiggy:

You should have had a quick look in the Blue Ocean Cafe at Moana as you passed - you would have seen a haggle of us in their having a coffee :cute:

Will catch up with you soon

Lisa :v_SPIN:

Congrats. I remember you posting how you were buying your house off the net, even sure we drove past it when we were suburb browsing. :)

You sound very upbeat, must admit we are finding it harder

Best of luck for your husband finding a job, what is he looking for?

Saw Mechanics wanted on South Road, Marion Service centre today.

Hi Sarah, It's Marilyn from Evesham College, (we met at the Marlbrook) also hpping to join you next year. So glad that things are working out for you and that the house is great. I'm sure it won't be long before your OH finds a job and then it will seem as if you have been there forever.

Please keep us posted about what you are doing and how you are keeping, it gives hope to us poor buggers still over in the UK.

Going for our meds in 2 weeks, got Case Office now so hopefully things are moving at last.

Take care

Hello and welcome to Adelaide, glad to hear all is going well for you, I remember the first month here was frantic!

Next time you are down at Moana beach look out for a woman trying to train a 7 month old chocolate labrador- she is bound to come up and say hello!!(with me calling her name in the background!!) As the weather and day light saving get nearer we quite often meet up at the surf club on a friday night they have food and sometimes live music, will let you know when we are next there.

Cheers

:chatterbox:

Wendy

http://au.geocities.com/hardyscottage/hardyscoastalcottage.html

or email hardywr@yahoo.com.au

quote=likesshopping;13749]Hi All

Sorry its taken me so long to post a message on here - I did type a long post - took me 35mins, but pressed a button and lost it all!!doh!.

For those who dont know - we bought a house in Seaford Rise from over the net, when we were back in the uk. The first time we saw it was when we arrived on 21st august........Its lovely and even better than what we expected - we are really chuffed with it.

We stayed in Port NOarlunga motel for 3 nights - as we didnt have any beds or anything to sleep on in our new home - so for the first 3 days we spent inside shops...looking back it was hard on the kids - we hardly fed them and we were all a bit short tempered with each other. We had to buy EVERYTHING..bed sheets, cutlery, iron, everything you need to live basically. After 1 week shopping, the kids were begging us to take then to school!! - So, after a week and a half here they started Seaford Rise primary shcool - so far, so good - both have made lots of friends.

The first couple of weeks was really really hectic - the pace has just lessened off and Im looking forward to catching up with people.....Yesterday, I dropped the kids off at school and took a lovely walk on my own along Moana beach - it was heaven.....I feel so lucky to be here - its beautiful. All the beaches we have been to so far are gorgeous, the sea is so blue and clear...........everything seems to be in techno color..

Chris is still looking for work, thats the only thing that would just complete everything for us...its only been 4 weeks, but we both crave that routine...(chris to be at work, me to be a home sorting house and kids out)....

We didnt bring a container - we just have 20 boxes coming over with personal belongings, pc, photos etc......we decided to sell our stuff and buy new here - our stuff isnt coming until mid october - so having to use internet at Library at the mo.

The weather has been lovely since we arrived - only a couple of overcast days when the sun hasnt been out - Ive worn flip flops everyday!

I love it here..its gorgeous and every day I thank my lucky stars that we are here....we are spending quality time with the kids - going on bike rides, walks and being outdoors alot more - just what we wanted.

The rollercoaster ride of waiting for our visa just seems like a dream now - its weird........For all those who are still waiting - it'll soon be your turn!

Will try and catch up again soon

sarahx

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Hi Sarah it was only at the weekend that we were wondering when you would post, fantastic news that things are fitting into place:daydreaming:cant wait , we are comming out for a reccie on the 16th oct so would be great if you had an hour to spare. Hope all continues to go well, Graham & Jacqui the wally's who travelled 250 miles to the west mids meet:biglaugh:

Hi Sarah & Family

I recently saw your photo from Dennis & Irene the 'meet & greet' service. We arrived 2 weeks ago.

The hardest thing for us was schools, maybe our paths will cross as I am hoping to enrol the boys at All Saints Seaford, so a stroll along Moana sounds a must !!

Take care

Angela x

Hi Sarah

Have just read your post and it has cheered me up today i've had one of those lifes not so bad here what the hell our we doing but you bit about quality time with the kids has made me focus on why we've started this life change journey and once again there,s no negative remarks in your post

Hope you continue to enjoy your new live :arghh:and i'll try and stop screaming oh my god !!!

best wishes Debbie