Guest k8bug79

Catering in mining etc

Guest k8bug79

Hi, My hisband is a chef with many years experience but he does not want to work hotels/ restaurants anymore. So as we are considering moving to Oz we thought maybe getting into one of the industres on the catering side maybe good.

I have read a good thread on mining and taken loads of details from it. But can anyone suggest some companies who may recruit catering staff or do mines take them on directly?

Also is there another industry over there that may be worth looking at? I know the defence industry is big over there but is there much call for catering staff in this area? If so where do we look for vancancies?

Also my husband has always been quite keen to leave catering altogether and go back to his original engineering interest when he left college (only really basic experience) has anyone gone into one of these industries in a related job but found a way to train in something else in the company?

Thanks

Hi, My hisband is a chef with many years experience but he does not want to work hotels/ restaurants anymore. So as we are considering moving to Oz we thought maybe getting into one of the industres on the catering side maybe good.

I have read a good thread on mining and taken loads of details from it. But can anyone suggest some companies who may recruit catering staff or do mines take them on directly?

Also is there another industry over there that may be worth looking at? I know the defence industry is big over there but is there much call for catering staff in this area? If so where do we look for vancancies?

Also my husband has always been quite keen to leave catering altogether and go back to his original engineering interest when he left college (only really basic experience) has anyone gone into one of these industries in a related job but found a way to train in something else in the company?

Thanks

just asked my partner and he said try Careers | Job Search | Sodexo

The biggest mine in SA is olympic dam also try the links on these pages Roxby Downs : Labour Hire Companies

hope this helps, btw living and workng at the mines isnt great, my partner goes occassionally to manage stuff and he hates it lol, but thats him, so good luck x:)