Cannons

Shared Container - Good idea or not?

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice on using a shared container. We have had 4 quotes in now for a 20ft container all coming in round about the same price (£4000). PSS have given a price also for a shared container and it would save us over £700 using this option so are very tempted. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jo x

Hi Jo,

I used to work with Pickfords in the UK. Shared container (groupage), is great if you do not need to fill a complete container. You only pay for what you use. All items your items will be barcoded so that none of your goods will get mixed with anyone else's items. Just be aware that shared containers will be slighty longer on time scales. As the container will be held in the warehouse for some time in order to fill it with other shipments. Removal companies generally have a timescale for groupage shipments that they will quote to you, and if the container is filled or not it gets shipped within the quoted time.

Let me know if you need to know anything else

Prema

Guest ReadyPenny

We had a shared with John Mason, arrived in 10 weeks, nothing missing, nothing broken. I would recommend it myself, save the cash

Mandy

Guest kangomik

There have been horro stories with infestations etc in the past. To be honest i am gobsmacked at the price for 20ft, but any saving helps, just factor in a small delay on arrival time.

Thanks everyone, would certainly help to save some money somewhere so its good to hear you all had no problems. We have 6 weeks in UK once we leave our house and 8 weeks accommodation once we get to Oz so plenty of time for our shipment to arrive and find a rental (hopefully :confused:).

Kangomik - your not the only one gobsmacked at price of 20ft container I was hoping it would be nearer £3500. The shared container with PSS is going to be £3300!!!!

Thanks again.

Jo

Guest kangomik

2 years ago we paid £2800 for none shared....... i thought that was high then.. I was packed and unloaded at both ends, PLus a slab of beer this end ;)

Think in 2007 when we first got our Visas we were quoted about £2700 no mention of a slab of beer though lol.

No doubt flight prices will soar aswell to cover the loses due to volcanic ash going to try and wait till last minute to get them booked.

Guest ReadyPenny

We paid £2700 with John Mason Feb 09 for our shared.

Guest wijaya

Hi there

An agent for Anglo Pacific came to give a quote yesterday. After looking around, he said that I probably would only need a 20 ft container, so I need to share with somebody else to Adelaide. He said that the price would be around 2 to 2.500 pound. According to him, shared container wouild only be 2-3 more weeks later than sole container.

I am waiting for 2 more companies to give a quote, and see whether they could beat the Anglo Pacific.

Regards