OMG Flights booked

andi

Having a panic attack, we have booked our one way flights today (8th Sept) and i dont know if we have done the right thing.

On paper we have a good life in the uk, great family, friends, jobs, home and we are going to leave it all behind.

I have wanted to do this for many years, mainly for the kids but now they are adults and staying behind (although Mike is joining us when he gets his visa). We are going to arrive with no job, no home, no friends and not as much money as we hoped.

Please tell me you are all having these worried thoughts and it is worth it.

Seeing how upset my mum was today was awful and i know its going to get worse. There is just so much to do.

Is this normal?

We are on a state sponsorship permanent visa 176, but it wasnt all plain sailing and took nearly 2 years from submitted the first TRA.

I now have to start the whole process again for my son who will qualify next month for his 4 years in the trade as a gas fitter. Although at least he is young enough to come on a working holiday visa if he decides he wants to join us before then.

Keep trying as they changed the rules all the time and sometimes in your favour.

Guest mez10

Hi Andi,

We felt just the same as you are. But I know I would have always regretted not giving it a go.

You can always go back. We've been here a month now (so far so good)

We came only knowing 2 people through my new job, but we've met up with other families on PIA (which as been really nice)

OH is making friends through school and neighbours.

All the people at work who I've met have been really friendly and helpful.

There's always 'meet up' in the North or South.

Adelaide is a beautiful place and we have enjoyed exploring later today we are off to Port Adelaide to have a look around there. Yesterday we had a long walk along the beach the kids are loving it.

Darren, Janet & Kids

Of course!! ;)

I feel exactly the same. Have a good grounding here in the UK and when we move we will be starting all over again!

But isn't it also exciting!!? :P

We have so much to learn/get our heads around but at the end of the day we are looking for a change in lifestyle. I have got to a good place in my employment and education (dont quite fancy doing any more degrees...at the moment) so the next thing we are able to change / make a difference is how we live.

Its one hell of a climb building a new life...but the view will be fantastic! :cool:

Dont worry, you're not alone :wubclub:

It is exciting and we have waiting so long am just scared of leaving my children and granddaughter behind. It will break my heart not seeing them everyday.

skyp downloaded today to make sure all family know how to use it before i go.

Hey.

Know exactly what you mean about leaving ppl behind..... we left parents and grandparents!

They too knew nothing about pc's, skype, or anything....download early and train!!! We did and it worked a treat for us now we skype every sunday and webcam and all sorts!

Failing that just pick up the landline....doesnt actually cost that much for a quick hello!!

Dan

Just a quick thank you for your kind and supporting words, after a surprisingly good nights sleep i feel a lot better this morning.

I am looking forward to the journey and spending time getting to know Adelaide, but still really scared too.

Hopefully will meet up soon as definately going to some of the meets.

Also been invited to the local rugby league grand final on 12th Sept (i think) so hoping to meet people there.

Guest Nicky&Andy
It is exciting and we have waiting so long am just scared of leaving my children and granddaughter behind. It will break my heart not seeing them everyday.

skyp downloaded today to make sure all family know how to use it before i go.

i know how your feeling, luckily we'll only be leaving one behind , my other three boys are comming, (if luke was comming it would make the whole experience alot more exciting, the thought of him not comming makes me feel sick) his visa lasts till 2013 so once we have left the uk & the bank of mum & dad is not close by, hopefully he will follow, i wish you all the luck for sept, it isnt going to be easy , but youve came this far, & what a great place for family & gran kiddies to have a holiday

Guest liamcnaught
Having a panic attack, we have booked our one way flights today (8th Sept) and i dont know if we have done the right thing.

On paper we have a good life in the uk, great family, friends, jobs, home and we are going to leave it all behind.

I have wanted to do this for many years, mainly for the kids but now they are adults and staying behind (although Mike is joining us when he gets his visa). We are going to arrive with no job, no home, no friends and not as much money as we hoped.

Please tell me you are all having these worried thoughts and it is worth it.

Seeing how upset my mum was today was awful and i know its going to get worse. There is just so much to do.

Is this normal?

SNAP....OMG you have posted exactly how we were feeling a month ago when we booked our flights. We were on a high when at last after the hardest slog in the world, we got our visa. Family & friends were so upset :sad:and then when we booked our flights we were so subdued. Exactly like you...great friends and family...not as much money as we had hoped etc etc. My husband was made redundant last year and has since started up his own business which is thriving..TYPICAL and we leave for Oz in November. Don't know anyone out there, so it will be virtually impossible for him to start up business without the contacts we have here.

I keep telling myself..worse case scenario...we hate it and come home???? Rather that than regretting not having tried it after all the money sweat and tears we put into the visa in the first place.

Hope this helps

Lia