Guest ffi&dyl

Timescale

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi,

Is anyone out there on the same timescale as us?

Our main visa application was sent by our agent on the 23/7/07

The waiting is killing us!!

:SLEEP:

Ffion & Dylan

Guest ali@51

Our was sent about a month earlyer on 20/6/07. We havnt heard anything yet either:arghh:

Our visa was sent to our agent and they did it online on 24th July, we have been told instead of it taking the normal 6 - 10 weeks it has increased to 12 - 16 weeks.

The waiting is the worst bit of all, at least when you are gathering evidence for the TRA and other bits you feel that you are doing something and playing a part in it all, but this AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Ffion & Dylan

yes know what you mean!! we sent ours on the 25th July and waiting as well! Have to keep playing golf to pass the time. Hope you here soon as well!! fingers crossed

Guest ffi&dyl

Glad too see it's not only us playing the waiting game!!

Ffion & Dylan

our visa was also processed on line in the first week of june, we have done the medicals as suggested by our agent but still have heard nothing............I am not calling them now will the 16/10/07( which is a date i have decided on that we should have a case officer) should i not have heard anything between now and then.

Its very frustrating as the house is Sold STC, and once we have an exchange date i will be resigning from work ( they know nothing about OZ). So its all a bit stressful........

Fingers crossed its not to much longer, I try and concentrate on other things, clearing the house, getting Quotes for shippers, checking out flights and prices anything to keep me occupied and going in the right direction.

Michelle

Guest swampo

Ye, we are also playing the waiting game. Our application arrived in Oz 16 July and was appointed a Case Office about 4 weeks ago. We are going over on an RSMS 47ES visa (permenant resident) so not sure if type of visa makes a difference to how soon you are given a Case Office.

We sent off out Police Checks with our application (as per instructions on the form) so I expect we will have to get another one done as it runs out at the end of June 2008. Getting meds don 5th October - advised by Case Officer. She also told us that there is a backlog in Sydney for processing meds, about 6-10 weeks!!!

The waiting is the hardest part - I am a control freak and the not being in charge is killing me. At least some of you have managed to sell you houses, we are waiting for a buyer, again the wait is killing me.

Still, there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us and I am sure that all the tension, distress and waiting will all be worth it in the end when we are all sitting in the sunshine partaking of the amber nectar (or the odd bottle of Jacobs Creek).

Guest stephb

its so nice to not feel alone in this waiting! i received acknowledgment of lodged visa 25 june, and at that point email said a case officer should be assigned in 6 weeks- so far nothing!! i asked my agent if she thought i should just go ahead and start getting medicals and police checks anyway, but she said no. is this normal? i just want to be doing something and cant see what could be the problem with doing that stuff a bit ahead of request!:confused:

Guest stephb

me again! just emailed the processing department at diac and their automated response says due to the back log of applications it ''may take up to 12 weeks before a full acknowledgement is received''.

this would mean im due to hear within the next 5 days, but i am not massively reassured!!

in case anyone wanted to email for this info the email address is on the initial acknowledgement (the one that confirms theyve taken your money). but in case you dont have that its: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Guest ali@51

We spoke toout agent (go matilda ) yesterday and they said that there were delays in Australia and that they had protested to the goverment. They were still hopefull that the Visa should take no more than 6 months to process and that as we could go ahead and get our medicals and police checks done when we were ready.

I have to say however that as our vis was submited on 20/6 and we have yet to hear anything we are not as confident as them:p

Guest Rachel & Jeff

From everything I've seen I get the impression that the full acknowledgements are taking 3 months and that a case officer is allocated about a month later so would think that if you book you medicals as soon as you have your file number that should be OK. They will still not be processed before they are requested due to the delays at the LCU in Sydney but it should speed up the final decision by a few weeks.

Our agent was quite happy for us to do this on the understanding that they are only valid for a year.

Rachel

Guest Rachael
    Hi,

Ffion & Dylan

Hi

We sent our visa off on 17/7/07. Heard nothing yet.

Rachael.

We have just sent away for our police checks and received the medical forms by mail this morning. There was a covering letter from the migration agent to say that they do not recommend us getting it done as both have an expiry date and because they have no control over processing times it would be left at our discretion. But we are in the same boat as Stephb we just want to be doing something active in this instead of waiting around. But if it takes 3 months approximately for acknowledgement for visa (24/07) it takes 40 days max for police checks to come through and we organise medicals for around the 3 month mark (end oct) then everything should tie in with each other and there is no break in request for information then. We have always been a step ahead in everything else we have done up to now, so that the information they need is sent in immediately upon request.

I think waiting for police checks and medicals would be advisable if you have a house to sell as you don't know how long it could take to get it sold, but we are now away from this area as we sold our house in March 07 and are just renting just now, my OH is self employed so doesn't need to give notice, myself on the otherhand have to give 1 month notice, but at the end of the day if I say I won't be going back tomorrow, in all honesty what can they do about it......sack me!!! do I care, does it matter.......I think not!

Guest stephb

i had good news today- i got my formal acknowledgment of application received! :jiggy:its dead on 3 months since the initial acknowledgement, so you get an idea of timing. have emailed my agent to ask if she has any idea of timescale from this point onwards- will update on here if she knows anything!

Guest deanrm

Hi All

I spoke to our agent today and she dismissed the idea and getting our meds done soon all together!! We are pulling our hair out!! She also said that it would take another 3 months to get our acknowledgment and a further 6 weeks at least after that to get a Case Officer!

We have already had one acknowledgement when they took our money, so what is the next acknowledgment for?????

Also how long after Case officer is allocated is it until they requeste medicals?

Tring to make sence of it all and failing!!!!!!!

Thanks

Trisha

Guest Aussiebound
    Hi All

I spoke to our agent today and she dismissed the idea and getting our meds done soon all together!! We are pulling our hair out!! She also said that it would take another 3 months to get our acknowledgment and a further 6 weeks at least after that to get a Case Officer!

We have already had one acknowledgement when they took our money, so what is the next acknowledgment for?????

Also how long after Case officer is allocated is it until they requeste medicals?

Thanks

Trisha

Hi

What agent are you with? I was told by ours (Go Matilda) last week that we should have a Case Officer within the next 4 weeks!!! Are these agents just telling us anything to get us off the phone?:arghh::arghh:

Sarah

Guest graandjac

:huh:Well we spoke to our agent last week and she said WHAT DELAYS when i mentioned it that is 4 corners so we are sticking to the plan meds booked for next week and should have a case officer within october some time, so who knows and fingers crossed.

Cheers Graham

Guest deanrm

We are with 'Visa Connection'! Really nice lady is dealing with us just seems to think it will take forever.

I just want to know we are heading in right direction. Really want to book our medicals so i feel like we are doing something.

Is it normal to check your e-mails 4 times a day, every day?

Trisha

We are with 'Visa Connection'! Really nice lady is dealing with us just seems to think it will take forever.

I just want to know we are heading in right direction. Really want to book our medicals so i feel like we are doing something.

Is it normal to check your e-mails 4 times a day, every day?

Trisha

Perfectly normal, Its the first thing I do every morning - 6am I log on with great optimism and by 6.05 I log off thinking maybe later today, then when I get into work at 8.55am I log on again, 9.00 am I log off and think maybe by lunch time, again the same ritual at 12 then a quick check on Poms in Adelaide to see if anyone else might have heard and again when I get home. I think I have developed an OCD...................my mantra at the moment is ''maybe tomorrow''

Every day is a day closer (don’t you hate it when people say that)

Best of Luck all

Michelle:daydreaming:

Guest stephb
    Hi All

Thanks

Trisha

i asked my agent (1st contact) about timescales after acknowledgement is received. she said it will take 1-4 Months (!) before they allocate a case officer and that it is when they do that that i need to get applying for medicals and police checks. in general she tends to guess on the slightly more cautious side regarding timescales, but mostly i just cant bring myself to believe it could take 4 months! its hard to see what can be so difficult about doing it all, but i guess it must just be the volume of applications.

its funny isnt it, at each stage you focus all your energy on just getting to the next stage. but then you get to that point and its just a brief flash of news before the realisation that now you just have to wait again!! after the initial buzz i get a bit of an anticlimax... but one step closer and all that... :SLEEP:

Guest emmylou

Just another story to add to this thread.......My visa was sent online on the 26th April. My meds were sent on the 25th May and up until last week I had heard NOTHING!! When I checked the status online ( I do have a lawyer but they don't really seem to know anything) it said that on the 18th of Sept my application had 'been processed further'. However, I never recieved notification that I have a case officer so I really don't know what's happening, it's so frustrating!!!:arghh:

Just booked my one way ticket for December anyway. I can't believe that it was expected that my visa would take 6/8 weeks and so far it's taken 6 months!!

Just a bit fed up with it now

Emma

x

Hi Emma,

I would guess that the "processed further" comment probably means that your application has been assigned to a case officer but that means it's taken a hell of a long time to get to that stage; your visa was submitted (online) earlier than ours but I'm not sure how quick they're supposed to be.

We sent our Visa off (SIR 495) on 08/05/07 and it was received 11/05/07; check the signature for detailed timescale.

As others on this thread (and countless others) have said, there's no hard and fast rules as to how long things take but the waiting is incredibly hard.

Good luck!

Justin.

p.s. Whoever told you 6/8 weeks needs shooting!

Guest emmylou

Hi Justin!

Thanks for the reply. I phoned my lawyer again and spoke to a new immi lawyer who said the same as you - looks like the CO has been assigned and that because my meds and police checks went ages ago I would not have been notified of this. He also said that they only just re-opened SIR visa applications yesterday (after huge delay!) so that anyone (like us) who is waiting, should expect to see a move soon.

Feel much better now!!!

Emma