Guest snowy10

New sol is out

Guest Avastar

Must admit I’m a bit worried by this. I’m in Adelaide on a 475 visa, waiting patiently til January before I can apply for PR > and now my nominated occupation has disappeared from the list!

Does anyone know how this will affect me and other 475’ers in a similar position???

We are also worried, Hospitality has been taken off the list which means all the Registered Training Organisations teaching this subject will close, thus hubby will lose his job!

Guest Jules37

Hi

Not sure about where you stand but DIAC have put up some FAQ's and a dedicated phone number to help with queries. You could also try the pomsinoz site as there are a couple of threads on there that could help answer your question.

Jules

Must admit I’m a bit worried by this. I’m in Adelaide on a 475 visa, waiting patiently til January before I can apply for PR > and now my nominated occupation has disappeared from the list!

Does anyone know how this will affect me and other 475’ers in a similar position???

Phew, still on it (electrician). Visa was lodged in January so i wonder when we will now hear from DIAC.

We've been here since Jan 08 on the SIR 495 visa and will be applying for the permanent 887 visa later this year. The DIAC website states that to meet the criteria for perm res (the 887) you must have worked for a minimum of 1 year full time in your regional area and that the work must be considered to have been full time (35 hrs per wk) AND that you may have worked in any job or profession.

See the link: Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

So you should be fine when you come to apply.

I hope this helps. :)

Guest Nick11

If you look at the faqs that goes with the sol list -its says you have til 2012 to get your 887 visa without your job being on the list.