Guest SydneyVegas

RRV - Return Residency Visa

Guest SydneyVegas

After receiving some bad news from the UK, I need to fly back for a quick visit.

I'll only be gone for a week but does anyone know if I need an 'RRV' ?

I dont entirely understand it but if I do need one, how do I go about it and how long will it take?

Many thanks

Guest Carolandcraig

The way i understand it is you only need an RRV if your initial visa has ran its term, our visas run out in 2013 so we will need the RRV at that point.

Hope this helps

If your visa has run out and you have not become an Australian citizen then you will need an RRV in order to get back into Australia.

I would suggest contacting the Immigration department as in some compassionate circumstances they can waive the rules, ie if you don't have enough time to get an RRV, or they might be able to fast track it. Have a look on their website www.immi.gov.au, get in touch and explain your situation.

If you need one of these visas you can go into the dept of immigration at 55 Grenfell st and up to level 3. You dont need an appointment, but go early. You will be given a number, it's pretty straight forward. Take your passport and last visa in with you. They will print off the new one and stick it in your passport. Cost is around 250 I think

Guest SydneyVegas

Thank you for all your help - will delve further!