SOL = Job vacancies ?

Guest guest4504

Guest guest4504

Just had a look at the new SOL list and it has taken a hammering, from 400+ to 180. Does this indicate that the ones removed are the ones showing higher unemployment ? Is employment harder or geting harder to find now ? Just concerned that my trade has been removed and it will be difficult to get employment now. ( Furniture upholsterer)

I have my visa (136) and do feel for those that applying so dont want to discount their feelings, but im sure that there are others in my position that may be concerned also.

Guest kfoley0681

hey i wouldnt worry to much i cant personally answer for your trade but i do know that my husbands trade was taken off the list and he decided to lookabout for another jobs and there wasloads about! keep positive there is still lots of work here they just go through this culling the number of people now andthen to limit the influx of people but i guess thats what keeps the economy going here!

Guest guest4504

If it came to it i would do just about anything. I really enjoy doing my work, dont know if many people can say that. I taken time out quite a few years ago and trained as a registered nurse at UCL, wasnt my thing after all that ( would not go back ), so went back to upholstery.Thanks for reply.

Guest back clan

Hi,

Can't say for definite but I personally do not think you will have any problem getting a job as an upholsterer. i work in the soft furnishing trade and we are mega busy. I always look in the paper and there has been upholstery jobs advertised most weeks.

i can pm some upholstery firms to you if you want. Just let me know

Guest JoTanCalOwen

I have been thinking along similar lines as my OHs job is no longer on the SOL, and we are still waiting to be granted our visa. However there has been a medical adminstrator added, which would suit me but it would mean starting all over again, I have been advised by friends in Adelaide that there are many job advertisements for OHs job (baker) we will just have to wait and see. really I think,