Lil Bev

Cerifying Documents in Plymouth

Hi there, well i'm now at the point of getting my skills assessed.

Does anyone know of any good solicitors or have used any other service in Plymouth to certify their documents (one that doesn't cost a small fortune!). I am aware that DIAC accepts colour scanned documents but this isn't the case for the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council. They only accept documents which are certified by the following:

Legal Practitioner

Notary Public

Justice of the Peace

Peace Commissioner

Commissioner of Declarations

Commissioner of Oaths

Judge

Magistrate

Person legally designated to sign documents

from an embassy or consulate

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Bev

Guest Carolandcraig

Im sure that when my wifes skill were assessed she had to apply to the NMC in the UK and her qualifications/skills were sent direct to the ANMC, might be worth giving them a call as im sure that they have delt with many. Hope everything goes well for you.

Hi Craig, yes i need to do that to get my nursing registration verified, but its just birth certificates, passports etc that i need to get certified so looking for someone local that could do it for us. Thanks for the reply!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya Bev.

Go to the magistrates court top of royal parade.

Go there with the lot and cost bout 7.50 but think they only do it on wednesdays.

Thats where we went we we got ours done in 2008.

Hiya Bev.

Go to the magistrates court top of royal parade.

Go there with the lot and cost bout 7.50 but think they only do it on wednesdays.

Thats where we went we we got ours done in 2008.

Thats great Matt, thanks! I'll get in touch with them once i have all my documents together. 2008?? I better add a few 00's to the end of that price then :biglaugh:

Bev

Thats great Matt, thanks! I'll get in touch with them once i have all my documents together. 2008?? I better add a few 00's to the end of that price then :biglaugh:

Bev

We're not in Plymouth but the more expensive south east! Recently used a local solicitor. We asked around and in this area the standard charge is £5.00 per document. Made an appointment and paid cash - got the whole lot done for £35!

Guest gingernuts

Hi there. I'm in Plymouth and agree with Cornish bus driver. I got all my documents certified in one go at the Magistrates Courts just behind Kitty's pub.

I had to book in advance as they only do a couple of hours per week and I had to wait a few weeks for a slot. There was also confusion over the fee but I paid £15 for the whole lot and I had about 40 documents in total

Give me a shout if you need more detail.

GN

Guest wijaya

Hi there

When we did ours, we went to a local solicitor. It only cost us £ 5 for stat declaration. The certification only 2 quid a page. Basically, just call around, any solicitor could certify your documents. Before that, I called another solicitor and he wanted to charge me £ 10 and another even saying £ 20.

regards

Guest needtogonow

Try Wolverstones on Mutley Plain. They did all ours for about £20 and we did not need an appointment.

Bex.