Hi All

Guest romft_wo2rn

Guest romft_wo2rn

My name is Mick and I'm looking to move to Adelaide with the wife ande kids around 2012.

The boss loves the place from the research we've done but I'm a bit concerned with the job front. I'll be leaving the Royal Navy after 22 years as an electronics technician with a sideline in network admin and engineering. I could go into more detail but don't want to bore everyone just yet :)

Any advice on the job front for those skills would be appreciated. I've been using Seek but my natural sector to work in, defence, keeps asking for citizenship for security clearance :arghh: I've seen all your stuff already ;)

Finally, hoping to be in Oz for the Lions tour in 2013 :biglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

Good Luck with everything and welcome to the site.

Avajobs is a good site, my brother-in-law used it and works for Quantas in Brisbane, he also trained at RAF as electronics technician, but seem to remember you have to pay to register so maybe nearer the time.

My husbands an engineer so has spent a lot of time researching this type of work.

BAE systems have a few sites in Adelaide that you Don't need citizenship for you can also register on thier website but again probably best doing that nearer the time, but that would be mainly engineering as they don't think they deal with live aircraft much.

Edinburgh Park is the main area for this type of work so have a look which companies are there, we had a drive round there and sure there was something to do with the RAF but not sure what it was.

hope this helps