Guest chowy

Free Time?

Guest chowy

Hi all,

Fist post on here but I've been reading for a year or two now, not sure why I haven't registered before :err: anyway I'm a member on pomsin oz too.

Some great information on the forums, some scary things too! :confused:

We have our visa and will be coming over soon for a short visit to validate our visas, our main move will be later in the year or early next year.

I'm a Joiner and have a wife and a 11 year old boy also moving with me, lots to see and do but was thinking if a possible meet up for a coffee with a helpful person could be arranged? preferably a Joiner or somebody in the Construction industry who has moved out to Adelaide who could spare a few minutes over a coffee at their convenience.

Would be great just to speak to real people in similar situations and hear their story or advice, I know it can be a great help to speak to people first hand as we did a meet up in Leeds early this year that was informative and to get a better perspective of the scary task of moving country.

So any kind people out there who could spare 15 Min's or so? We will be over from the 31st May to the 6th of June.

Thanks all.

:jiggy:

Hi

Welcome to your first post and congrats on making the move. I am of no use in the construction industry but just wanted to ask, where will you be as that will help people figure out if they can help you.

Good luck

Michelle

Quite a few joiners /carpenters on here should be able to help you. I served my time as a slater/roof tiler/ plasterer not much call for slating here so have my own handyman business do everything from hanging a door to a tap washers and everything in between. If I can be of any help let me know can have a chat.

Guest chowy

Thanks for the quick reply guys, we can meet up anywhere in Adelaide to people's convenience and anytime to suit the week commencing 31st May, I'm sure there are plenty of Starbucks! :)

PS: newlife I'll send you a pm, thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, we can meet up anywhere in Adelaide to people's convenience and anytime to suit the week commencing 31st May, I'm sure there are plenty of Starbucks! :)

PS: newlife I'll send you a pm, thanks.

Sorry think all the Starbucks have shut here but plenty of Mc D