csobrien1966

migration agents

Guest kangomik

Jeez i think thats wrong. Unless they have given a total of the costs involved

Guest Carolandcraig

That might be the price with everything included, but seems a bit expensive.

My sister was quoted £8000, but that included £5000 for setting up in Oz, rent, car etc and £3000 for admin stuff like police checks, medicals, etc. The migration agent fee was £1500

Guest vikkiann

We got our visa in 2008, used visa unit in hove.

The guy was John Mumsford, quite good.

I think we paid £2700 for his services and visa fee's, medicals etc were on top.

We have a 175 PR visa, OH is self employed, quite complexed but he got us our visa!

Hi

We used Ian Harrop Associates and they were brilliant - their fees in 2009 were £1750 plus vat, paid in 3 installments but including Vettass, medicals, police checks the total was around £4600.

Tracey

Guest Bather's

Hi there

We paid about £5000 in total including medicals ect, this was with visabureau. They were great at getting us the Visa but the after care that we where promised was none existant!!!Hence since being approved to moving it has take about 18 months.....

Would not recomend them!!!

Danielle

If you use a migration agent based in Australia, and a member of MARA I have a feeling there is a fixed maximum over which their fees cannot go. Not 100% sure though so might be worth an email to either MARA or someone like Alan Collett from Go Matilda (he posts on here occasionally - Poms In Adelaide - View Profile: Alan Collett)

The amount you have quoted does sound rather high though especially as it's in Pounds!

Guest needtogonow

If your visa is relatively straight forward you could do it yourselves, it saved us loads of money.

With research and help from here and PIO (poms in oz) it can be done and you are able to check things up and chase things yourself.

we paid probably 5k for everything we needed , medicals for the family police checks etc . That was with overseas immigration in Edinburgh they where really good . Hope this may help you .

Does anyone know how much migration agents cost now?

Friends have been quoted 6500 pounds is this right?

What type of visa application?

If skilled - what occupation?

Costs for assisting with visa applications can vary significantly - for example, spouse applications tend to be a lot cheaper than business skills cases.

Best regards.

I Think that is a bit steep,however don't know the details.We will soon be using GoMatilda to get our son out here,remaining family member visa.The fee quoted is not anywhere as expensive as you have heard.BTW lots of people in OZ have used GoMatilda,and the ones i have read of on these migration sites are full of praise.:D