Cathay Pacific Airways - Any Thoughts?

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone could give advice on Cathay Pacific Airways?

What sort of experiances have you had?

Found what sounds to be a good price £1800 for 2 adults 1 Child in Jan 2011.

Last time we flew with Emirates last time and had a really good experiance, they where great with my son.

Thanks

Danielle

Guest Carolandcraig

We flew with Cathy Pacific, very good with the children and very friendly staff, the place was very tidy and not bad inflight entertainment. However, I found the seats to be very strange, they dont recline like normal plane seats, they seem to slide forward. Its great that you dont have the person infront of you on your lap but i found it difficult to relax when trying to sleep.

My parents have just booked to come visit us flying Cathay Pacific, specifically because of the design of their seats. My Dad had a nightmare flight (on another airline) where the person in front had their seat fully reclined throughout the flight, refusing to put it up even at meal times, so Dad had to eat with his chin practically in his dinner! The ones on Cathay (but only the first leg from UK - Hong Kong - not the Hong Kong to Adelaide leg) have seats where the seated bit slides forward instead of the back sliding back, so hopefully will be better in that respect.

The flight may well do a touch down in Melbourne either on the return leg or outbound or both, which is often not shown on the itinerary.

Guest kfoley0681

when we emmigrated 2 years ago we flew with cathay pacific and i beleive they were excellent! i had 3 children at the time 2 of who did not want to sit down or slep and decided they needed to cry for 24 hours! the air hostess brought them over nacks and drinks things to do and even took the 1 year old from me and took her for a walk around the plane! i didnt find the seats any more uncomftable than usual i suppose you get what you pay for economy/business but they were a great airline with children!

Guest alexbrown

We flew Cathay on our way out here in Jan this year and they were awful. They did not have a child meals on board and our kids were 2 and 3 at the time. The cabin crew had no thought for the children giving them adult headphones and peanuts!! I would strongly advise don't bother unless the price is the main issue. Also the stop in Hong Kong was pretty bad as the airport is poorly set out and the staff there particularly unhelpfull. Hope you have a good experence with who ever you fly with.

Guest needtogonow
Good service allround. Recommended.

I`ll second that. Had a really comfortable flight, great food and service. Liked the new seats/entertainment and thought Hong Kong airport was lovely!:notworthy:

Guest willfam

We have flown with Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Qantas, Singaore and BA. I would say that they are all pretty much the same really. I would buy on price...if you get a good deal then go for that. Lets face it unless you are in business or first none of the seats are comfortable and you are squashed in like sardines. Hong Kong airport is fine too, you get off your flight and go straight to the train to the terminal.

We flew Cathay last week from Heathrow - Hong Kong - Adelaide. Two adults and my Two girls ( 5 and 2 ). From start to finish the service was excellent. Friendly staff, in flight meals and entertainment first class.

I would have no worries recommending them. As for the seats, I was not looking forward to the flight because what others had said about them.....personally, they were fine, no problems at all.

Guest tinkham_lee

I flew with cathay pacific in September, had the tilt back seats from heathrow to HK, and the slide seats from HK to Adelaide, apart from not having the seat in front in your face there wasn't much difference in them,

Didnt really use the inflight entertainment as i slept most of the flight. once onboard at hk they offered me a seat with no one sat next to me (I was on my own with a lot of hand luggage)

I wasn't impressed with the food, I was sat at the back of the plane and by the time dinner trolley reached me they only had a mixed fish dinner which looked like it had come out of a sick bag on an earlier flight, and didn't taste much better.

The flight from HK stops at Adelaide first, then continues on to Melbourne. this confused me when the first screen i saw at the airport said cx105 to Melbourne before changing to Adelaide a minute later

Be careful at HK as they like to change which gate the plane comes to, It changed 3 times in the 4 hours i was there and not once did they announce it, just changed it on the screens. This has happened to a few people I know.