Moosh

Price of Petrol!

Have you seen the price of petrol?? :shocked:

Jumped from $1.16 this morning to $1.33 tonight at the Liberty Old Noarlunga.

Not sure why or when the cheap day for petrol is anymore!

:skeptical:

Guest Guest75

Jeez that's a price hike!!

Tues or Weds was supposed to be the cheaper days.

Diesel seems to remain pretty constant though.

Chuffed when Mrs Tyke handed me a 10c per litre voucher the other day - can get over 150 litres in motor:cute:

Guest Guest5035
    - can get over 150 litres in motor:cute:

think 150 is the max

stevo

now that was helpfull wasn't it

Guest kangomik

It's been going up later in the week at some places. Some put it up wednesday lunch this week some did it this lunch time for some reason. There are a couple round here that vary 4 cents per litre at the best of time so it's always worth shopping around.

Guest Damien

Around our way it seems to be cheap day Thursday, not Tuesday. Having said that I filled up this morning (Friday) at 6am at Caltex Colonnades and petrol was 114.9 :)

Guest cornish Busdriver

It was only $1.18 tonight at the BP in seaford

It was only $1.18 tonight at the BP in seaford

Was $1.35 at Caltec then passed a few more down Tapleys Hill road and they were still $1.18....mental hoe it changes so much just a few ks down the road....

HG

The cheap days used to be Wed and Thurs with the price going up by end of week. This seems to have changed and Friday morning being included.

There are a few ways to save a bit more. The rewards card from Woolworths gets you the 4 cent discount as does presenting your shopping receipt at other garages.

You can get the 4 cents back by taking your petrol slip into the Foodland supermarkets and getting 4 cents deducted with your grocery shopping.

You can get another 4 cents a litre at a lot of the garage shops if you spend more than $5. It pays to buy milk, bread and a newspaper and then get another 4 cents from every litre.

My question is: why are there cheap and expensive days? What's it all about? Why don't we have discounted fuel like Tesco and Asda instead of the constantly changing price? Can anyone tell me why it's like this???

Tamara

Guest n_n_d

I went to the supermarket on Thursday around 7:15pm and the BP price was $1.19 and when I returned 10 mins later it rose to $1.32 - had to look twice !!

Guess they are paying for the clean-up in the Gulf of Mexico.

Beats the UK - it is £1.21......

Guest Mikemouseton

Why is it people are always shocked / surprised when petrol jumps in price? It happens every week! Plan for it and fill up when you see a price you're comfortable paying.

I was shocked at the price going up to $1.33, not the actual petrol jump as that happens each week, although now the cheapest price is on a Friday morning.

Guest Furious_D

Considering this is a website for Poms, why is everyone complaining? If it was 1.70 it would still be cheaper than at home!

Guest nishman

I just make a mental note to try and make sure I fill my diesel up BEFORE wednesday evening so that I can get to the fuel stands! No weekly cycle on diesel, although it does tend to nudge up every now and then to keep it in line with ULP.

Guest cjdelphi

lol, when i arrived in 2001, we were getting petrol for around 70 - 80c p/l

time flies....