Guest joolz

School shoes

Guest joolz

We are just trying to make the kids school shoes last their final week at school in the UK!!!;)

Do the kids in Port Noarlunga/ Hallett Cove schools where proper black shoes like the UK or are they more relaxed ie trainers? This follows the question...What price are schools shoes in Adelaide and is it worth picking up new ones to come over with?

Ever the practical Mum lol...

Guest Dave & Carole

Hi - the uniform lists usually ask for shoes, but most children wear trainers - unless they are at the independent schools where uniform is more strict.

You can get clarks (& other good brands) here in Myers & David Jones and the prices are comparable - maybe a little dearer. but there is not much choice of styles. I would say it depends on whether you want them for girls or boys! In my opinion, tights look rubbish with trainers & I have managed to buy decent girls shoes for my daughter. But she mostly wears tracky bottoms (from uniform shop at school) & trainers when its cold. I haven't seen any boys in proper shoes! Hope that helps.

My daughter goes to Port Noarlunga and she wears trainers. They dont change for PE so it is better for them if they have decent running / climbing shoes on for school. I would say 99% of the kids wear trainers or volleys (plimsol type things), I asked Skye if she wanted proper shoes and said no because nobody else wears them so it depends how you feel about that, I don't want her to stand out like a sore thumb for wearing hideous hot clumpy black shoes!!! hope that helps x

Guest joolz
    My daughter goes to Port Noarlunga and she wears trainers. They dont change for PE so it is better for them if they have decent running / climbing shoes on for school. I would say 99% of the kids wear trainers or volleys (plimsol type things), I asked Skye if she wanted proper shoes and said no because nobody else wears them so it depends how you feel about that, I don't want her to stand out like a sore thumb for wearing hideous hot clumpy black shoes!!! hope that helps x

Thanks for that, I was hoping that was the case...one less thing to worry about. Might see if I can get them some more trainers before we leave.

Guest Tina P
    Thanks for that, I was hoping that was the case...one less thing to worry about. Might see if I can get them some more trainers before we leave.

Hi,

I would get them new trainers before you leave the uk, decent style and leather trainers are expensive compared to the uk.

Tina