Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandmick

Hello from Dubai

Guest mandmick

Hi

We're hopefully leaving Dubai after 11 years!

Our TRA was passed July this year and our application sent Aug.

We're moving to Adelaide to be near our family already there.

We have 4 year old daughter, so we're looking for a good school and nice area to live!

Prices seem low down South but not such a good selection of schools?

We'd also like to buy before our visa granted, so can only buy land/build package or something new.. is this correct?

Look forward to meeting some of you fellow ex pats one day!

Mandmick

Guest soggy
    Hi

We're hopefully leaving Dubai after 11 years!

Our TRA was passed July this year and our application sent Aug.

We're moving to Adelaide to be near our family already there.

We have 4 year old daughter, so we're looking for a good school and nice area to live!

Prices seem low down South but not such a good selection of schools?

We'd also like to buy before our visa granted, so can only buy land/build package or something new.. is this correct?

Look forward to meeting some of you fellow ex pats one day!

Mandmick

Hi,

your right about buying new property only, it can be house and land package or a new home already built but never lived in, one advantage of house and land package is you only pay stamp duty on the price of the land so save a few thousand $, you also need permission from the FIRB ( foreign investment review board ) .

I am currently going through the process of buying property in Adelaide area, using a company called Monopoly Realty Holdings http://www.monopolyrh.com/default.aspx they were recommended to me by Ian from this site and so far seem very good, I have paid a £3000 holding deposit per property and they handle the FIRB permission, arrange a morgage, find tennants to live in it until you want to move in if you want to and offer a rent guarantee for 3 years.

They answer all your questions , no pressure selling, only good things to say about them so far, say Simon reccomended them, because when Ian adds his comments to this thread he will tell you to say Ian sent you:).

Hope this helps a little,

Simon

Guest mandmick

Thanks a million Simon, I have been on the web site today.

Just out of curiosity, where have you bought..? only seems to be Oakwook or Ocean View remaining?

Do you know how long it takes for house to be complete?

Here in Dubai it can be as little as 6 months!!!

Mandy

Guest soggy
    Thanks a million Simon, I have been on the web site today.

Just out of curiosity, where have you bought..? only seems to be Oakwook or Ocean View remaining?

Do you know how long it takes for house to be complete?

Here in Dubai it can be as little as 6 months!!!

Mandy

Hi, im still at the early stages but once permission from FIRB about 30 days and finance is in place it can be just 12 to 14 weeks but it will depend on what stage the site is and where on the site your plot is.

I have bought one house at Andrews Farm and one at Ocean Veiw, the north has more industry and airbase ect so more jobs and better rental prospects, nice place to live too, Ocean Bay at Sellicks beach is small community in the south an hour from Adelaide center, the houses are a couple minutes walk from beach, the builder that is used is Devine, http://www.devine.com.au/ on their site you can get a bit more info about the areas.

Simon