Cannons

Sold the house!!!! Quick question

Hi Everyone,

Well we've sold the house after 15 months!!!!! So will be on our way end of July/Beginning of August. I will probably have lots of questions but for now my question is should we bring Winter hats, scarves and gloves? I would have thrown them all out but when I saw the thread about people scrapping their cars I thought I better ask. Oh and what about wellies - bring or bin?

We're so excited, stressed, nervous, worried, happy and probably every other emotion all at the same time :biglaugh:.

Can't wait to meet up with some of you.

Jo xx

Guest mOZzy

congrats on your house sale! ours took 15 months too!

i'd say bring the lot if you can fit them in. it's 20 degrees now and it feels really chilly .. and it's not even winter yet! - you might need it inside the house in the mornings and evenings anyways (often coldern IN the house than outside?!)

i thought about gumboots (wellies); was close to buying some .. just in case - but so far glad i didn't. wouldn't have needed them once ... so far! but then again we didn't have much rain in the last 6 months (since we are here) and i remember there was loads last year .. so if you can fit it in, bring it!

where will you be staying in the beginning?!

good luck :D

Oh Well done!!!!!

Bring all your winter woolies, i didnt , and im paying the price............wearing the OH's jumpers..........very stylish i am, not,lol.

If you can, buy some larger sizes for the kids for next year.

Happy packing!!!!

Jane

Guest Guest75

Congratulations!!!!

Yep- bring some wooolies.

It can be glorious sunshine during the day but cold on a night.

Good to wear layers.:)

I agree bring everything that you can fit, old furniture, pans, cutlery, blankets, duvets and wellies...

If you take a trip down south to see the whales at Victor harbour over winter then I think hats, gloves and scarfs will be needed.

My husband is surprised at how cold it has got after the summer but me I think it's a nice change :) but the house is always colder than outside!

We have not needed the wellies really but my friend uses hers on the beach on cold days...

Good luck with the big move

Michelle

bring them all ,you will think its nice when you get here and not too cold but after a while your body ajusts and you will feel the cold.

congrats on your house sale! ours took 15 months too!

i'd say bring the lot if you can fit them in. it's 20 degrees now and it feels really chilly .. and it's not even winter yet! - you might need it inside the house in the mornings and evenings anyways (often coldern IN the house than outside?!)

i thought about gumboots (wellies); was close to buying some .. just in case - but so far glad i didn't. wouldn't have needed them once ... so far! but then again we didn't have much rain in the last 6 months (since we are here) and i remember there was loads last year .. so if you can fit it in, bring it!

where will you be staying in the beginning?!

good luck :D

Hi Mozzy,

We'll be staying in Port Noarlunga when we first arrive we have a furnished rental booked for 8 weeks, hopefully this will give us enough time to find a rental and for our shipping to arrive.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Jo x

Guest mOZzy

not far from us at all; we are in hallett cove!

give us a shout if you need any pointers, help or just plain company :D

not far from us at all; we are in hallett cove!

give us a shout if you need any pointers, help or just plain company :D

Thanks MoOZy will take you up on that.

Ship and pack whatever you can, folk on here are always saying i wish i had brought this and that....

Safe trip catch you on the cold side soon....brrrrrr

HG