Guest Lisajonesey

Where can I buy a washing machine?

Guest Lisajonesey

Hello!

I have a quick question - does anyone know where I can buy a washing machine from?

have had a look in the Good Guys - I just wanted somewhere to compare it too (that wasn't 4 times more expensive, like Myer)

Any ideas would be very much appreciated...

:notworthy:

Guest Guest75

Hiya!

We are in a similar situation as we are looking for a new dryer.

Try Radio Rentals or Harvey Norman, they seem to be doing a few deals.

I'm sure someone mentioned they bought a washing machine from Big W as well.

:)

Guest Guest5035

Myers WILL price match, you get a better extended warranty deal. Also at the mo, 1000 days interest free.

Stevo

Guest WhatNow?

If you want a good deal, try the SA Appliance Centre, OG Road, Klemzig. They sell slightly damaged stuff at competitive prices and you can still get your $200 back if you buy an energy efficient washer. My washer and fridge freezer from there had slight marks, which in the case of the washer, turned out to be a scuff of rubber which came off when I wiped it over. The fridge freezer had a very minor scrape on the side which is hidden when it is in place between the kitchen cabinets. They do all white goods and cookers, microwaves, hobs and hoods too.

Keith Bowdens on South Road at St Marys is pretty good. I used to just use Good Guys and Harvey Norman who price match and try beat each other but when I bought new appliances for my kitchen, it was Keith Bowden who beat them all. They threw in free delivery too because they have their own truck/driver. Harvey Norman tend to use contractors and they have to charge.

If you're paying cash just ask them for their best price for cash and tell them other prices you've been given and you'll be amazed how they come down.

I was buying a new iron last weekend and Good Guys came down from $80 to $65. Then went to Harvey Norman and same iron was marked at $89. I told them Good Guys offered me $65 so they said I could have it for $60. HAGGLE!!

Guest familygood

If you don't mind second hand there is a guy in Lonsdale who reconditions them. We got a top loader 7kg Simpson for less than $400 and he gives a 6 month repairs guarantee. Can dig out the info if you are interested.

I reckon that your first choice is the best. The Goodguys in Noarlunga have beaten every price on every appliance that we bought. We have bought appliances for 5 houses from them. However, it does depend upon who you see there. Apparently the sales staff have different discount authority than the managers do. Send me a pm and i will send you the name of the manager to speak to. We send all our guests there. By all means get alterate prices but the Goodguys will beat them!

Tamara

Guest kangomik

Good guys, but myers are good with a lot of electrical stuff

hi

i will be selling my washing machine soon. its a simpson, 5kg, less than year old .. i live on my own, so its in good condition and has not been used much compared to a normal second hand machine owned by a family. i haven't put it on here in the for sale sction yet. If you are interested, pm me .. cost $500 last september, i'm looking for $230 ....

i bought from Good guys .. they were super.

Ails

Guest willfam

you do have to haggle to get a deal. Do your homework and know exactly what you want and try ringing around. You will be surprised by the deals that can be done. Never ever take their first price!!! I use Harvey Norman at marion a fair bit and have even been known to tell them a little white lie ( bad I know!!!!) about the price I can get else where. I recently had to buy a coffee machine for work the shelf was $1100 I got it for $879 and they threw in an extra milk island frother worth $100.

Guest kangomik

if the margin was not there they would not drop the price so much, ;0

Guest SA Great

Yes I reckon Keith Bowden is excellent. We have bought heaps of stuff from there and they are always the cheapest.