Sign in to follow this  
tina&steve

Nice places to live in Adelaide?

Hi, we are new to this site and want to say Hi.

Can anyone tell us what are the nice places to live in Adelaide? I'v been told there are some no go areas but can anyone point us in the right places? Would like to live bout 10 minuted from the beach.

Cheers

Tina & Steve

Passed TRAin Aug (Hairdresser)

Visa 175 in demand when off yesterday 19/9/07.:wideeyed:

Guest graandjac

;)Welcome and hi, what we did was order an Adelaide suburb map from www.ausmaps.com and when people off the site reccommended a suburb marked it off ,this soon builds up a picture of the area. Cheers Graham

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There are some no go areas here in Adelaide, just like there is in the UK. Check out the real estate threads there is some usefull stuff there. I think if you want to live 10 mins from the beach there is plenty of choice down the coastline. You have to take the replies and make up your own mind when you arrive because everyone is different, and it will of course depend on what you would class as a NICE area!

The mapo idea is good then you can use it while looking on realestate.com.

Welcome to the site by the way

sarah

Guest dglamoore

welcome to the site

There are a few maps about online and we used google earth a lot when looking at suburbs, beaches etc. Google Maps is excellent too :jiggy:

It is hard for anyone to point you in the right direction for suburbs etc as what one person loves another may hate :swoon: We live in Port Noarlunga South which I love - close to beach, shops, choice of schools, entertainment centre at noarlunga for cinema, bowling, ice skating etc so good for kids too :cute: Other I have spoken too think this area is too far south and takes too long to get to CBD (35 mins on expressway!)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hi there

would love someone to stick their neck out and say what the no-go areas are !!! haha! Only teasing!

Seriously though, it really is a matter of personal opinion and perhaps more importantly - AFFORDABILITY!

Good luck

Sas

Thanks for that Sarah, are you a hairdresser? my other half is too but he wants to stick to being a Barber when we get to Oz. Is the work good over there? and does it pay well?

Tina x

Guest sarahsmartiepants
    Thanks for that Sarah, are you a hairdresser? my other half is too but he wants to stick to being a Barber when we get to Oz. Is the work good over there? and does it pay well?

Tina x

In a word NO!!!! But there is plenty of work, I knwo someone who is opening a "trendy" barber shop with a difference soon, remember me and let me know when you get here I could point you in his direction when you arrive, He has asked me to join, the pay will be above award,for a good reliable barber, but I find barbering a bit boring:nah:.

sarah