Wardrobes or not

fluffy

Hi, We have had a few international removal companies come and quote us for bringing things to oz. A few of them have suggeseted that it is a waste of time bringing our wardrobes, as most houses have built in wardrobes. Can anyone advise of this.

Reading other posts I think we are going to bring mostly everything but not sure about wardrobes. Any advice would be great.

It depends.Our first rental had built in wardrobes,so we never once in the 12 months there even thought about wardrobes.This one we have now is the total opposite.Immediately it became apparent that this was a major issue,no wardrobes and lots of clothes!We have now bought a total of seven so far,and need another one PDQ.You are right to be concerned about this,if your rental does not have built in's,or wardrobes,then a load of hassle ensues.ATB Sue.:)

Guest mOZzy

not all of the houses have wardrobes.

we did bring ours, don't need them in our current rental so have put them up in the hall!

glad i did .. so many jackets and shoes and and and

the houses are so much bigger, i am sure you'll find somewhere to put them.

totally depends on how old the house is - ours only has a closet in one room and that's the master out of 4 bedrooms. that being said, ours is a larger than average house built in the 70s. if you really like your wardrobes, bring them, particularly if you have room in your container. you can always sell them (on here or on gumtree) after you arrive and if they are newer nice ones you'll get a good price for them.

If there is room in the container bring them.... We brought ours and our current rental has stairs and they could not get them up but we don't need them so ine is in the hall and the other in the garage - better than being left behind.

If your having a full container my advice would be to fill it!

Guest scmercer

Hi

Most houses do seem to have built in robes. I brought one wardrobe over as it was part of a set but I am struggling to find somewhere to put it, however if you were to buy furniture over here it is a lot more expensive than the UK.

Also, I shipped with John Mason and I didn't fill the container and they only charged for what I used which was a lot cheaper!!

Good luck with the move