Guest colclare

Hi 2 all, new 2 PIA(question 2 plumbers if i may)

Guest colclare

Hi to all:D

New to this site,I am Colin and my wife's name is Clare, we are at the stage of waiting to be called for medicals and police checks.

I am sure you have all been through this or are currently waiting,hang in there and fingers crossed we will be cooking a rather large prawn on that barbe in no time:wacko:

Anyway to my question, can any plumbers already in Adelaide tell me how things work for getting employment there as i am self employed at pressent and have been doing a mixture of private work and site work.

I am not corgi registered and have been told about obtaining a licence to work there, is this a case of gaining employment with a company and then they help you to achieve this.

Has anyone been in the same situation as me and could you let me know how you got on.

Would be gratefull for any info.

Sorry to bore you guys on my first post, but just wanted to get this out of the way.

All the best Col

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Welcome tio the site col and clare.

You will need a license to be a plumber here. I think you need to jump through some hoops to get this, but it is do -able. You will need one to work for a company or to work self employed. I know there are some out here that dont have licenses, but that would be up to you.

sarah

sorry forgot this bit! Companies that employ you would help to get your license as "aussie" expirience is gained, but some employers want that license first.

Guest dglamoore

hi and welcome to the site :D

sorry cannot help much on the plumbers front but I am sure you will get some replies soon from members here that can help :wubclub:

Lisa:cute:

Guest colclare

Hi all

Cheers for the info sarah, hope someone will fall for my checky smile when i go looking for work over there, either that or they will send me packing.:shocked:

Cheers to all for your replies, hope to speak to you guys some more on here.

In the mean time i will be poppin off to spain for a weeks hols, "yes i know its second best to aus, but its better than nothing :D

Anyway will be back in a week and hopefully have a few more replies by than.

cheers Col