Guest lovettjo

Back to Hertfordshire for us!

Guest lovettjo

Well we have returned to UK March this year - we seemed to have spent so much time and money obtaining our regional sponsored visa and were very excited about starting a new life in Adelaide BUT maybe we picked the wrong place wrong time as there seemed to be having a recession and work was very hard to get unfortunately. We knew that like every country there were nice areas and not so nice areas and chose Glenelg which was lovely but financially crippled us.

We loved the weather but didn't realise how much we would miss our friends and family and although skype is great you are so very far away and when my mum became ill I realised how far away we were and decided to come back and luckily we have a nice rented cottage in Sawbridgeworth work has picked up hugely so enjoying being back and looking forward to a family christmas!

Good luck to those of you that make Adelaide your home.

Jo & Ian Lovett

Well at least you gave it a good go!

Hope you carry on enjoying yourself in England & things keep picking up for you.

Good luck

Hazel.

Guest Guest75

Good luck to you too,hope your resettlement goes well.

You never know,things might always change though:):)

Good luck settling back into England, I remember Sawbridgeworth as a lovely place with some great old English pubs!

Guest Skippy

Yes - good luck for the future. I do hope all is straight forward for you from now on. I'm originally from Hemel Hempstead - so enjoy that Magic Roundabout if you're ever that way! Take care Anna x

Good luck settling back into England, I remember Sawbridgeworth as a lovely place with some great old English pubs!

Yes - The White Lion, The Good Intent, The Hand and Crown, The Old Bell, The Gate, The Queens Head... memories from my teenage years !!

Good luck back in England, you never know you may bump into Posh and Becks too!

Guest lovettjo

wished I'd had the chance to meet you all over there - enjoy the lovely weather - we expecting 1 day of sunshine this bank holiday yay!

Guest uptheiron

sorry it didn't work out. hope all goes well back in Blighty.

Guest moonraker1959

Just like to send you best wishes for the future,sounds like its all working out for you.I live in Wiltshire and the weather has been really great for a while now.The gardens in our village all look spectacular and festival season is upon us!

Guest Summer05

Oh good luck with everything. Well, we've been here in Adelaide now for about 9 mths and we feel just like you, we were excited, applied for the visa, got it, came out here, got jobs, but we are not sure this is the place we would like stay. May be the timing wasn't right.... house prices going skyhigh in Adelaide, exchange rate etc.... but at least we tried....

We are one foot here at the moment and one in England...we'll give it to the end of the year.

Hertforshire is a lovely area, enjoy the summer time.