andi

Driving Licence Query

Can anyone give advice on an australian driving licence, i know we have to apply within 3 months but my OT has a chance to renew his HGV (heavy goods/long goods) driving licence at a cost in the UK (only lasts 10 years), so wanted to know would this be valid in Oz without having to take other tests.

He hasnt used it for a while but worth bringing along if it helps get a job.

Thanks

Andi

Can anyone give advice on an australian driving licence, i know we have to apply within 3 months but my OT has a chance to renew his HGV (heavy goods/long goods) driving licence at a cost in the UK (only lasts 10 years), so wanted to know would this be valid in Oz without having to take other tests.

He hasnt used it for a while but worth bringing along if it helps get a job.

Thanks

Andi

Hi your HGV licence is not valid here you have to take a Aus test done by private training schools when I enquired 3 years ago I was told between $1000-$2000 depending on experience so I never bothered.

Hope this is some help to you.

Your standard licence is a straight swap but the truck parts have to be done again

but when you get over here a friend of mine is a truck instructor teaching all

MR, HR, HC which is HGV

he teaches it all and is allowed to use the trucks from work so does it on the weekends so its over and done with

hope this helps