sueoc

The land,not the property

I have been looking around the property market here recently,visiting open's etc.Anyway,it seems it is ,as always,location, location ,location.I went to one property recently,in Brighton and the house was no more than a ramshackle dump,words could not describe.The sale board outside said it all!'90% value of the property is in the Land.In the desirable suburbs it seems there is no chance of grabbing a bargain now,unless you are very,very lucky.They've got it stitched up!:err:

Guest Guest75

It's what it's all about,ya can build what ya want on it :biglaugh:

We stopped at an open at Tennyson once.I knew it was going to be pricey fro this box/terrace thing as it was beach front.

When the agent told me the price I came out with a saying that included the words Me and backwards!

2.5M for a box!:goofy::goofy:

Guest kangomik

A friend of a friend just got a block in the brighton area, paid over 750 to flatten it and build a 1 mill pad on it. They got a good deal, the half size pad next door went for 900 and they still have to flatten but the access etc is not good to build on!

I went north last week, to Roseworthy, 4 to 5 beds on 1 .25 acres for 450 established. OK it's an hour to the beach! but i don't reckon Aldinga has that size land but both back on to a wine region!

Guest Guest75
    A friend of a friend just got a block in the brighton area, paid over 750 to flatten it and build a 1 mill pad on it. They got a good deal, the half size pad next door went for 900 and they still have to flatten but the access etc is not good to build on!

I went north last week, to Roseworthy, 4 to 5 beds on 1 .25 acres for 450 established. OK it's an hour to the beach! but i don't reckon Aldinga has that size land but both back on to a wine region!

Ooo Roseworthy,hot and dusty in the summer & flooded in the winter.

I've worked up there in both:(

As Adelaide grows she has to spread somewhere though.