Guest elise.o

Adelaide for teenagers?

Guest elise.o

Hello, my name's Elise and I'm 14 years old , 15 this year. We possibly could be moving to Adelaide next summer, my parents are looking at Adelaide and Brisbane, we're visiting them this summer. We have our visa's but it's not definite yet as we haven't been to either of the places before and will be making the decision once we go there in the summer.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what Adelaide's like for teenagers? Do you get the same 'chavvy' or 'rude' teenagers as you get here!? And how easy is it to make friends, I think I would be going halfway into Year 10, because I know by that year everyone normally already has their friendship groups so it can be harder to make new ones.?

What is there to do in Adelaide for teenagers? Some people have said it's boring, just wondering if that's true!?

Thanks , Elise :):wubclub:

Hi Elise - I had a family with two teenage girls stay with me who were from South Africa and I still see them from time to time. They love it here. They made friends pretty quickly at the school they went to. My two Godsons are teenagers too and they have a good circle of friends. They only hang out with the ones that have the same values as them. They go to the pictures, go to Church youth groups on a Sunday evening, go bowling. They have joined a lot of school sports like volleyball, rowing and cricket and have met a wider circle of friends that way. Their parents are pretty strict (but fair) and let them stay overnight at their friends homes during school holidays and vice versa but only once they have met the kids parents etc. Once your family works out what area they want to live in then finding a good school is important because that is where you will meet most of your friends. The two girls from South Africa were 14 and 16 and I have seen them recently, they have made quite a few friends here. Hope this helps. I am sure you will get lots of other suggestions on this forum too. Good luck with everything.

Guest elise.o

Thank you for replying! Sounds good, are there any particular schools you would recommend looking in to? I know my mum was looking at aberfoyle park high as one, but its always best to find out about schools from peoples own experiences because you cant always tell how good a school is from the website! :)

Aberfoyle Park is a lovely area. I have some good friends who live there but I don't know much about the school - if anyone else knows about that school then I am sure they will post on this forum.

Hi Elise, we moved over here last August and my twins girls were 14. They wanted to go to Reynella East High School, (we live in Woodcroft)as they had a friend there. When we arrived they suggested that the girls went into year 9 due to the teaching they had received already. Now both girls wanted to go into Year 8 as that was the year their friend was in, the school were fine with this and that is the year they started in. They were 15 this April and so are one of the eldest in the year, but they also have friends who are in Year 10 and are younger than them, the situation over here is definitely different from the UK. From the minute they started at the school they were made welcome and they have never looked back. They have a fantastic range of friends, girls and boys and are loving it over here. If you would like to speak to them pm me with your facebook/msn info and I am sure they would give you all the info you need.

Sarah.x

Guest elise.o

Thanks so much for that! I think if we moved there next summer i would join half way through year 10, but im not sure. That would be really good, i'll pm you soon!

Guest elise.o
    Hi Elise - I had a family with two teenage girls stay with me who were from South Africa and I still see them from time to time. They love it here. They made friends pretty quickly at the school they went to. My two Godsons are teenagers too and they have a good circle of friends. They only hang out with the ones that have the same values as them. They go to the pictures, go to Church youth groups on a Sunday evening, go bowling. They have joined a lot of school sports like volleyball, rowing and cricket and have met a wider circle of friends that way. Their parents are pretty strict (but fair) and let them stay overnight at their friends homes during school holidays and vice versa but only once they have met the kids parents etc. Once your family works out what area they want to live in then finding a good school is important because that is where you will meet most of your friends. The two girls from South Africa were 14 and 16 and I have seen them recently, they have made quite a few friends here. Hope this helps. I am sure you will get lots of other suggestions on this forum too. Good luck with everything.

do you know what school they go to out of interest?? :)

Guest needtogonow

Hi Elsie,

My daughter is also 14 gone into year 10 and started Aberfoyle Park High 6 weeks ago.

She loves it. She has made lots of friends and loves the school, so much so that she prefers her school here. She says most teenagers there (my daughter is not chavy) are really friendly and she is now being invited out with them on hikes at the weekend and parties. The school itself is really nice and set in green grounds.

I could get her to talk to you if you like and even buddy you up in school when you arrive.

Hope this helps.

Bex

Guest elise.o

^Thank you for replying!

It is not definite that we're moving yet, we are visiting this summer :)

That would be good, is she 15 this year or just turned 14?

Thanks, Elise :cute:

Guest KrazyKoala

Heey Elise!

I'm 14 right now, 15 in November, but I'm in year 10 anyway :P

I LOVE SCHOOL HERE!

Its so much better than the UK, you still get those kinds of 'chavs' but they're different from the UK, because most of them are actually not that bad and if you stay outta the way they dont even bother you. You should really come to Adelaide, and Aberfoyle is truly awesome.

Theyve got great classes, like Camping and stuff.

Its meant to be one of the best schools here, and it probably is :D

Anyway, if you come here I'll be happy to meet u and help u settle in, they love new people here!

Hope x

Guest chocolate

hi my brother goes to Aberfoyle park high and gets on well there, it's a good school and has beautiful scenery