Sign in to follow this  
Guest doje6863

Bali?

Guest doje6863

Anybody been to Bali? And more specifically, anybody got married there?:shocked:

Liking the look of Nusa Dua at the moment, but would welcome any opinions.

Thanks

donna

Can't help with Bali, but been to a couple of places in Fiji if that's any help (saw on another thread that Fiji was another place you were considering)

Also, a mine of info on all things travel is Hotels and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor - forums, reviews etc of resorts and hotels so worth a browse through.

Diane

Guest willfam

We have been to Bali and Nusa Dua is the more up market area. There are lots of 5* resorts there. But the more popular areas of Sanur, Legian, Kuta etc aren't too far away. Taxis there are very cheap and you can get a taxi for the day for around $25 - $30 aussie a day. Thjey will take you anywhere and pay the "fines" to the Police along the way. (Some may call them bribes.)

Bali is tropical so is very humid. I have never seen my husband sweat so much as when we were there. We thought it was hilarious he would have perspiration dripping off him like a river. Mind you he wasn't laughing.

Lots to do for all age groups.

I would say that it is on the grubby side but lots of people call it " a tropical paradise". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!!! :)

Guest Bluenose

Bali is awesome....we've been there many times....and truly love the place.

Ubud in the mountains is really nice with some awesome hotels....Tepi Sawar is highly recommended....but it is 10 mins drive out of the main town centre....the hotel has a free car to take you into Ubud etc for free.....3 or 4 nights is about the longest I'd stay....as it is pretty quiet.

As the other poster said Nusa Dua is abit more up market and we've found it a little sterile. We always stay in Sanur....it's much quieter and generally a nicer place to be and not as expensive as Nusa. You can get some really nice hotels to suit any budget.

The specials on the TV etc tend to have you staying in Kuta and Legian.....which I'm not a huge fan off.....as it's really busy....and full of Aussies getting smashed....The shopping is great, the beaches are great.....and there's a million things to do there if you have kids....waterbomb park etc....We tend to go there for the day do what we want and then take a cab back to Sanur. But as I said it really depends on what you want...some ppl thrive on the craziness....we like to go to Bali to chillax.

You can hire a driver+car for about 250,000-350,000 rupiah a day....which is about $40.00 depending on the exchange rate. Which is excellent value.

Food is good quality and about 2/3 the price of Australia.....I would recommend that you give the hotel's a miss (food wise) as they tend to be over priced....and the quality of the places just a short walk from where you're staying + variation is awesome.....you won't be disappointed.

I would strongly advise that you only ever drink bottled water....we even use bottle water when we brush our teeth and rarely get sick (ie Bali belly).

Hope the above helps.

cheers

J

Guest scmercer
    Anybody been to Bali? And more specifically, anybody got married there?:shocked:

Liking the look of Nusa Dua at the moment, but would welcome any opinions.

Thanks

donna

Hi

I went to Bali a few years back. We stayed in a nice resort in Sanur but visited Nusa Dua. The resorts themselves are nice but to be honest I did feel there was a lot of hosility around especially outside the resorts, we even had rotten fruit thrown at us one day and were then reluctant to go outside the resort. I didnt feel safe anywhere I went and my OH felt the same way.

It does have nice areas but do your research.