Guest pete_83

Uploading scanned documents for e-visa

Guest pete_83

Hi all..

I heard from a friend of mine, who has successfully got his PR, that he uploaded the scanned original documents. Not the scanned copies certified as true copies.

Can somebody tell me how this should be done...

Thanks in advance..

Guest Gina & Alan

be a little more clear mate on what your asking as we did our own visa also,

regards Alan

I'm not too sure what you're asking here but if it's 'do documents have to be certified when scanning them and sending in an electronic application?' then no. Generally, colour scans of original documents suffice (there might be one or two exceptions to this with certain documents, but I can't think of any; everything we sent earlier this year when applying for the 887 from the 495 was originals).

I hope this helps

Jim

Guest pete_83

Thanks Jim. yep. that was my question. I got confused with what was mentioned about 'certified copies' in the mail from immigration. So I will upload color scans of the originals...

Guest Gina & Alan

Ok original docs can just be scanned and uploaded normally as a a 150dpi size file (small) no problem at all , now if they need to be certified the solicitor will copy the originals then sighn and stamp them, That will be the document you scan and upload, this is normally required for bringing children out of the country if the parents are divorced for example.