Guest Candiceno1

Whats the deal with changing real estate agents?

Guest Candiceno1

We are not very happy with our agent, it seems he is not doing much to shift our house. I have to tell him what to do, that the advertisements on the internet are not right, that we should do this veiwing, we should do this time etc!!! I am supposed to pay him a whole heap of dollar when I am literally doing it for him!!!

He is not letting us know if he has followed up with people, when we ask he gives us the same answers, he asks to see us to get things organised and then doesnt contact us to do it!!!:arghh::arghh:

What is the deal if we bin him????

I am frustrated as we need to sell asap, we lost a house because we havent sold it yet and he said its not the price or the presentation so it must be the marketing? What would you do???? :mad:

Guest Aussie pat

We have found the free phone line provided by the Real Estate Institute of SA very helpful.

You get to talk to a real person who knows all about the rules and relevant legislation. You could try calling them. We had an issue last week and they explained our position to us within a few minutes. They are based at Greenhill Road, Dulwich.

Mon-Fri 9-12, 1-4pm

Free call 1800 804 365

or 8366 4345

We are not very happy with our agent, it seems he is not doing much to shift our house. I have to tell him what to do, that the advertisements on the internet are not right, that we should do this veiwing, we should do this time etc!!! I am supposed to pay him a whole heap of dollar when I am literally doing it for him!!!

He is not letting us know if he has followed up with people, when we ask he gives us the same answers, he asks to see us to get things organised and then doesnt contact us to do it!!!:arghh::arghh:

I am frustrated as we need to sell asap, we lost a house because we havent sold it yet and he said its not the price or the presentation so it must be the marketing? What would you do???? :mad:

Imagine for a moment that you no longer wanted to sell your house.

You would tell the agent and take it off the market.

Would that incur a penalty?

So why not tell him that you are taking it off the market and start again with someone else?

Would you still have to pay the marketing fees? We weren't happy with the agent who sold our house either but luckily it sold at the first open.

You can put it in writing that you are not happy with the service and that you want to terminate the sales agency agreement. Tell them how you feel and about lack of communication. Most agents do agree but there are some that will not. You will still have to pay marketing costs i am sorry to say.

I have just taken over from another agent and i delivered the letter to the agent for the vendors.

Hope this helps

chris

I also got stitched up by a real estate guy and he would not release us from our agreement until after the end of the contract which was 90 days :mad:

So I had to wait until after this period and got a very good friend of mine to take it on !!!:)

You will be liable for any marketing fees that have been incurred :arghh:

Your best bet is to speak to Ray at the REI (Real Estate Institute) he is very helpful and he will be able to advise you without taking a interest in the case.

DO NOT enter into another sales agreement whilst under your current agreement or you may have to pay commission to both agents, make sure you are 100% out of your contract.

PM me for more info if needed :) Just been through the same about 4 weeks ago !!!!

I hope this helps

Some agents just really want the house to sell itself and if it doesn't then they move on to the next one that will sell. Obviously the quick sale is the best. Your house is probably the biggest resource you will ever sell so don't give it away. The Real Estate Institute is fine for general information but their members are Real Estate agents and they have no teeth. Probably best to speak to the person(s) manager and see if they can allocate someone else for the duration of your contract or whether you can get out of it. Be commonsense about it with examples of what the problems are. This agent will not improve and will just cause you disadvantage. If you do get another agent then write down all the reasons this one didn't work and then interview the next agent. I am sure there are a lot of people on PIA who could give you the names of agents who are proactive. The worst thing you can do is be in a rush to sell because when people know you are in a rush unfortunately they take advantage of that. Get the best amount you can for your house based on what other homes have sold in the area and stick to that amount. It may take longer.

Guest The Hadleys

Hi candice & Darren

So sorry to hear you have had bad service, this fustrates me no end. You are locked in until the Sales Agency Agreement expires, unfortunately. I hear horror stories like this all the time, its a tough market at the moment and the last thing you need is bad customer service and possibily an over priced property. I work for Elders Real Estate, Aberfoyle\Flagstaff, I have been here 3 years and previously in the UK I was employed by Halifax Property Services, so I know my stuff. If you would care to call me direct I am more than happy to sit down with you both and discuss the best way forward to go from here.

Regards Dawn -0425 381 964