Diane

Remember remember the 5th of November...

Mylor Fireworks this year are on 26th June, fireworks from 8pm.

Have waxed lyrical about this event before, so won't bore you all with it again, suffice to say if you've ever pined here for Guy Fawkes Night, this is the solution.

There's not a link - I found out initially from a friend who lives up that way, and I think they put posters up locally, but never managed to find anything onlne about it. It's run by the Mylor Primary School (you can use Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com to find out where Mylor is) and is on the big oval in Mylor - huge bonfire, kids toasting marshmallows on the ends of sticks, hot mulled wine and homemade soup available as well as sausages etc. Glow sticks on sale for the kids, loads of kids chasing round in the dark, then at 8 o'clock a fantastic firework display. Fantastic family evening out.

We headed up to Mylor last night, it was really nice, just like bonfire night back home (I love bonfire night). We were a bit unprepared for the amount of stuff there and should have taken more money!! so a quick rundown for anyone interested so they can be more prepared.

Entry $15 per family

There are quite a few stalls selling drinks and food, some example prices are:

Mulled Wine, Beer, Champagne $4

Burger, Veg Pattie $3

Sausage $2.50

Hot beef roll $5.00 (however, this was corned beef, so not quite what I was expecting, but nice anyway)

Cans $2

lollies from 50c

pancakes, cooked fresh to order, yummy at $2.50 for 2

Inside there were stalls like fishing games for the kids, a raffle, light up glowsticks and stuff to buy.

They mentioned a laser skirmish, but not really sure what that was about.

we got there for 7pm, fire was well underway and the fireworks were at 8pm. also had the bonus of a lovely clear sky and seeing the lunar eclipse.

will definately go again next year. - thanks Diane, mean to go every time you mention it, but actually got our arse in gear this year!

Wasn't the fire huge? Think I've cooked several parts of my body! We wondered down to see what the laser skirmish was about, it looked a bit tame really - a few hay bales for kids to dodge around and shoot each other and $5 for 15 minutes. Lots of people there last night though, and one of the coldest nights I can remember being out in for several years! Brrrr....

Guest WhatNow?

Thanks for the heads up on this Diane, we really enjoyed it! Reminded me of Hammerwich Cricket Club Bonfires of the past. Brill fireworks and an 'interesting' journey there in the dark and even more so going home through the forest + fog! Lots to do for the kids and a lovely atmosphere - don't know who the DJ was but he must have been from the UK!

Guest kangomik

Well for the third year running didn't make this. We had a dog to look after. I am determined to get there one day!!

Glad all those that went had a good time.

Louise

Guest lastboyscout

We had a good time too and the kids loved it , even though the missus was moaning about her feet being cold :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest thebaddeleys

Just wanted to thank you for telling us about this, i've had it on my calender ever since you posted it on here, we had a fantastic night, the kids loved it and so did I!

Thanks again x