Guest rolydog

nurse help

Guest rolydog

Hi everyone im new to PIA and need some advice please....

i am due to qualify as an adult nurse next september 2011 and have been looking into the nurse graduate programs offered by lots of the hospitals.

Just wondered if any one on here knows first hand or anyone else doing it, what they are like and would public be better then private????

Based on the job situation where i live (leicester) adelaide is looking better by the day!!! although i wanted to come here anyway, doing this would get me here quicker then anticipated.

Rolydog my wife is from Leicester as well and she also works in a private hospital here in Adelaide, but her hospital does not do nurse graduate programs.

Tony

Guest rolydog

where abouts in leicesteris she from, which hospital is she working at?

Guest gingerlindz

I've a post at Flinders medical centre (public hosp) I amn't on a grad prog but found the best way for me to get a post was to email and send my CV to every hospital in adelaide. Most got back to me and I was lucky enough to be offered 3 posts. If I was you get on to google and find every hosp and email them direct and ask them about any grad posts.

Good Luck x

Guest rolydog

thanx were you newly qualified? worried that they wouldnt give me a job due to lack of experience:jiggy:

Guest gingerlindz

No I've been nursing about 8 years but sell all the experience you have gotten in your placements. They all count when going for a job. Australia need newly qualified nurses to. You can do it and if you don't ask the hospitals then you'll never know. Also you probably have more to offer than me I'm specialized so can only go for certain jobs you'll be able to apply for every and any job they have going.

Let me know how you get on.x

Guest rolydog

that sounds great, thankyou for your help and i will let you know how it goes next year.......watch this space!!!:jiggy: