Cannons

When did you book your flights?

Hi, just wondered how far in advance people booked their flights? If we were to book now we'd be looking at paying between £3400 and £4700 for 2 adults and 2 children travelling 30 July whereas when we look at fights for a couple of weeks time we would be paying about £2300. So hoping that if we leave it until mid July to book we'll get a better price. Is leaving it until 2 weeks before we're due to leave too late?

Thanks Jo x

Guest kas17

Hi, good post, we are coming mid august and keep checking prices so would be interested in others advice

Karen

Guest rolydog

hey, i was looking the other day for 2 adults and 2 children for this month and they were £1800 with quantas, i was shocked at how cheap this was because it was over £2400a few months ago!!

Guest Bather's

Hi there

We have booked now for Jan, they have cost £1800 for 2 adults 1 child, booked through discount holidays, flying with Cathy pacific.

Danielle

Guest clare

Hi we booked in jan for june with Emirates for 1800 have looked again at prices and they do go a lot higher the sooner u travel

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

We were in exactly the same position, we wanted to go in july but theflights are just too dear they increase the most on 21st June then start to come down on 12th August, So it's not the amount of time you leave it before you book it's just the month/date that you choose to go.

We booked 20th June at the beginning of May and paid £1950 for 2 adults 2 children but mid July was over £3000.

If you wait you risk the price going up, really don't think it will go down.

Also seems to be cheaper if you go on a Tuesday or Thursday in general.

Hope this helps

Hi, just wondered how far in advance people booked their flights? If we were to book now we'd be looking at paying between £3400 and £4700 for 2 adults and 2 children travelling 30 July whereas when we look at fights for a couple of weeks time we would be paying about £2300. So hoping that if we leave it until mid July to book we'll get a better price. Is leaving it until 2 weeks before we're due to leave too late?

Thanks Jo x

Guest picklesmummy

Hi

We just booked our flights for October, flying with Quantas.

Guest Jersey Bean

your right janine 3979,

They went up by the day in July

good luck all

Hiya,

We were in exactly the same position, we wanted to go in july but theflights are just too dear they increase the most on 21st June then start to come down on 12th August, So it's not the amount of time you leave it before you book it's just the month/date that you choose to go.

We booked 20th June at the beginning of May and paid £1950 for 2 adults 2 children but mid July was over £3000.

If you wait you risk the price going up, really don't think it will go down.

Also seems to be cheaper if you go on a Tuesday or Thursday in general.

Hope this helps

Can I double check... do you mean if you were to have booked to be flying in July that the price was over 3k, or if you left until July to actually book (not travel) that it wouldve been that price?

Im staggered how much flights seem to be at the mo, I keep looking for 2 adults 2 children and 1 infant and the price seems really extortionate... we are hoping to be gone by the end of the year... not sure when would be best to book now :goofy: (although still a tiny detail of having to sell the house first before we going anywhere!!!)

Hazel.

Guest brianlynnette
    Can I double check... do you mean if you were to have booked to be flying in July that the price was over 3k, or if you left until July to actually book (not travel) that it wouldve been that price?

Im staggered how much flights seem to be at the mo, I keep looking for 2 adults 2 children and 1 infant and the price seems really extortionate... we are hoping to be gone by the end of the year... not sure when would be best to book now :goofy: (although still a tiny detail of having to sell the house first before we going anywhere!!!)

Hazel.

i was pricing flights for my family of 3 adults (1 daughter is 19) and three children about 3 weeks ago, cant remember the price but was pleasantly surprised, were hopefully going this time next yr, think its their winter so its cheaper to fly then??? do they not realise that we need to fly in the winter to climatise haha..

Guest Admar72

Thanks Jo x

Hiya,

We got our visa last September and booked our flights for the end of May with Singapore Airlines. Cost us £1800 for 4 adults.

Hope this is helpfull

Maria