Guest Roo1

My first Dolphin sighting!

Guest Roo1

What a buzz that was!!

My family and I had just popped down to Hallett Cove Beach to soak up some of the glorious weather we were having, when out in the bay, Ian spotted two pods of Dolphins swimming in and out of the water!!

It was fantastic to see! Yet another reason of why I love being in Australia!!:D

Judi x

Guest JPT07

Hi Judi,

How fantastic just read your thread out to the girls and they are sooo excited. Can't wait to get out there now.

Lorna.:v_SPIN:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Thats good Judi, it took 18 mths to see my first, then I saw some twice in as many weeks, Ian thinks I dont look hard enough!

A couple of weeks back we walked along the jetty at Port Noarlungs and were watching something sticking out of the water at the far edge of the reef, we ruled out dolphins as they were above the water and not moving like dolphins. Having looked at Lisas whale pics we are pretty sure this is what we were watching, which co incides with what a couple of divers said , they saw some large shadows while they were out on the reef!

sarah

Guest dglamoore

wow Judi that must have been great :jiggy:what living here is all about :cute:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest laurajarrett

Hi Judi,

Wow that's lovely, just makes a perfect day.

We cannot wait to get there and sample Aussie living for ourselves.

We arrive on 6th Nov 07

Laura xxx:D:)

Hi Judi,

that sounded amazing!

The only thing we ever see in the water where we are is litter and shopping trolleys, so it will make a lovely change!

Guest muppetbro

bizarre - ive seen many wild koala already in the hills but one was trying to cross brighton road close to sacred heart school at 3 pm today (!!!) and as usual it was heavy heavy traffic - big adult it was - i cant believe what we saw so deep into the city suburbs on a pavement - i really cant understand what he was doing cos the wind and surf was crap so why else would he be wanting to hit the sand......

dolphins are everywhere along the coast - ive never not seen at least one sighting more often a few sightings - when the sea has a swell running they will come in very very close to shore rolling on the surf - guranteed sightings on the port sunday cruise which is cheap as chips......

nice indeed but so where the foxe, badgers and wild dear that frequented our local area back in the uk as where dolphins (porpoises and seals a plenty at blackpool) - novelty value ?

only thing that would make me stop turn around and paddle back quick is a fin that doesnt roll on the surface - welcome to south australia - home of the great white shark :wacko:and these gulf protected waters sure suit their needs well what with all those fur seals to feed on so no splashing a round in black wetsuits :D

Guest sarahsmartiepants

only thing that would make me stop turn around and paddle back quick is a fin that doesnt roll on the surface - welcome to south australia - home of the great white shark :wacko:and these gulf protected waters sure suit their needs well what with all those fur seals to feed on so no splashing a round in black wetsuits :DFunny you should say this, I was at Hallett cove beach yesterday late arvo and saw 3 dolphins giving a good performance flipping out of the water. But more disturbing was the very triangle shape fin that moved very fast through the water then turned very sharply, I am convinced it was a shark!

Sarah

Guest familyheaver

We were down at Hallett Cove Beach the other day aswell and saw a couple of pools of dolphins aswell- never seen them before!! It was amazing - kids loved it too.

Karen x

Guest donna T

Judi

That is amazing - must get down there more often. I bet Thomas was so excited - how fantastic is this place:jiggy:

Guest Rob and Clare

The dolphin tours from Port Adelaide are great, $3 each for a 2 hour cruise up and down the port river, We've been 3 times and each time had dolphins swim in the bow watch of the boat and have seen young dolphins leaping out of the water. It's great value and a great trip.

In Stratford it was 9 pounds for a half our trip on the Avon.

Rob and Clare

Guest Roo1

Rob and Clare, that seems excellent value for money. I'll give that one ago next time I'm over that way.

By the way, I visited Mawson Lakes today. What a beautiful development! It must be lovely to live in one of those houses just by the lake. Does it have a good evening/night time atmosphere?

Judi x

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Judi,

We've been in love with Mawson Lakes wince we arrived. Like a lot of areas I can imagine it's not to everyones taste, but we love the green parks, lakes, also in a kind of city living.

The centre is excellent if not a little small, but it's growing, the pub, Cafe Primo and Boatdeck cafe are busy all weekend and are great nights out, the resturants are good too, there are some events we get here as well, like Tour down under, 2 years ago they built a stage over the water, and a couple of bands played while everyone was on the other side drinking and eating, we've had rock and roll nights by the lake, outdoor cinema, markets, quite a few funraiser events, carol concerts, then there's the polo on the lake, beach volly ball, patank, tennis, and now we have an outdoor gym started. We love the fact come the weekends we sometimes don't need to drive again till monday morning as everything is so handy. I know other places are like that too, it just feels very comfortable here.

You should come over one weekend night and just try it, it's not full blown lively, but very cosmopolitan.

Thanks

Rob and Clare

Guest Roo1

Hi Clare,

Well I'm sold, for sure. Its good that these developers have actually put some thought into peoples lifestyle and not just built a few houses on some spare land.

It sounds like you have a lovely lifestyle there. Its really nice to hear about other parts of Adelaide.

Take Care

Judi :wubclub:

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Judy,

Your right, there's a lot more to Adelaide than just where each of us live, as much as we try to explore i bet we've only stratched the surface of what's here.

We've been searching for a good Carvery but haven't found one yet, have you come across a good one yet for a sunday lunch?

For us the best night out is the TAP INN in Kent Town, or Bombay bicycle club off Port Road. At the tap inn there is an indoor golf range, then a great tapas bar built around a palm tree in the pub, but the resturant is the best. And if you haven't been, check out all the toilets, i know that sounds wierd but they're very clever.

Rob and Clare.