Sign in to follow this  
Guest markmet

Teenagers

Guest markmet

Hi

Just wandered what do teenagers in Flagstaff/Aberfoyle areas do to keep them amused. Are there any clubs or dance classes around. My 13 year old daughter is getting really bored. We havent been here that long so she hasnt made many friends yet. So I just wandered what others do other than the usual computer ps3/ wii stuff. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Chris

Not sure if they have any places left on the winter camp they're doing, but these guys Pelican Productions HOME run Music Theatre camps - non-residential in the summer but they're doing a residential one at Belair this July holidays. Kids from all over come, it's a very supportive and fun atmosphere. Newbies made very welcome, but also some that have come year after year. Kylie and Jen that run it are brilliant too. If your daughter is at all into singing, dancing, drama, she'd have a great time and make some great friends I reckon.

Guest the4hopes

If you can get up to Blackwood there is a youth group there on friday evenings, they do something different each week, really good fun and loads of kids go, my 2 girls go they are 14 and 18.

Guest RichandHelen

The Uniting church on sunnymeade has a youth group and service on friday evenings. My sons both go are 13 and 16 and have made friends more easily there than at school.

Guest markmet

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions and will look into these further. Hopefully something will be of interest and get my daughter out a bit more and make some friends.

Chris