Guest kas17

Occupational Therapy jobs

Guest kas17

Maybe a long shot but just wondering if any other members were occupational therapists. Is it better to apply for my registration with OTRBSA before I come, also are locum posts easy to come by

thanks

Karen

hi i am an occupational therapist, i have just started work at the re pat hospital. Without a doubt get your desk top reg completed before you get here you certainly wont get a job without it, it also takes a few months, Secondly getting second stage registration has its difficulties too, as you need full registration to gain employment here, but you need full employment status to gain registration, its all a bit silly really and has caused me difficulties. Basicaly what happens is hopefully you get a good boss who offers you a job, then you tell cotrb and they will provide you with limited registration for a few months, its what i have got now, in this time i have to provide them with a practice audit plan, bit like a cpd at home. Have no idea about locum work, although we do have a locum working at present i will ask for you, pm if you need any more info.

Karen, I am a Rehabilitation Consultant for Workcover SA, there is lots of jobs for OT's in my field of work and excellent pay as well. PM me if you want to know more.

Tony

Guest kas17
    hi i am an occupational therapist, i have just started work at the re pat hospital. Without a doubt get your desk top reg completed before you get here you certainly wont get a job without it, it also takes a few months, Secondly getting second stage registration has its difficulties too, as you need full registration to gain employment here, but you need full employment status to gain registration, its all a bit silly really and has caused me difficulties. Basicaly what happens is hopefully you get a good boss who offers you a job, then you tell cotrb and they will provide you with limited registration for a few months, its what i have got now, in this time i have to provide them with a practice audit plan, bit like a cpd at home. Have no idea about locum work, although we do have a locum working at present i will ask for you, pm if you need any more info.

Thanks, had looked at the website for registration, was very confused, you're right doesnt look like you can register till you have a job but cant get a job until you register!!

Karen