Beware

csobrien1966

Guest Team 'W'

There are some scum about around seaford rise ,my neighbour had a visitor and she left the car on the drive forgot to lock it ,needless to say someone had been in it ...so yes the scummy bar-stuards are about ..so be AWARE !!!

ELAINE X

Guest cjdelphi

I've been here 9 years and in that time i've been broken into 3 times.

Last time I was not home and they other two i was, the last time happened to be on fathers day and I came home to find everything gone except 2 old computers.

this is at Clearview/Enfield N Adelaide.

Guest Guest5035

My oh went in the front door heard a big bang as they went out the back window!!!, we had a alarm fitted then and have one in this house, but they are only as good as your neighbours to ring you.

Stevo

There's a big sign at Seaford Shopping Centre saying that thieves are targeting cars in the area. Sorry to hear about the break-in. My M&D were broken into in UK on Sunday whilst they were out in the front garden. The cheek and the audacity of scummy people! Lets hope they get caught. Ferals! Grrrrr

theres been a few incidents in the seaford area lately, we had our shed and garage ransacked last fri, we believe they was lookin for hubbys ute and work tools but he was working nights at the time, so must have been gutted to open the garage and find a old kitchen and then to open the shed and find nothing but boxes of empties ready for recycling :) our neighbours had them in their garden the same nite and a house 7 doors down had their ute broke into and all his tools nicked, the previous thurs someone on the next street had their tools all nicked too

Our kids bikes, electric scooter and all our garden tools were left so thats along with the fact another ute the same nite got done, makes us think they was after hubbys tools.

The petrol station on commercial road had a sign lit up warning peeps about the crime in the area at the moment too. Annoys the hell out of me some peeps think they can just come along and take ur stuff.

We have two dogs so hope that will stop anyone ever getting in the house, but it is scary especially when you have kids and you hear other peeps being targated too

We reported it to the police, even tho nothing was taken, they put it down as attempted burglary, so least the crime figures are real and they know how often its happening in the area

Dawn x

Guest vixpinkbabe

We also got robbed last Sunday, laptop stolen and iPod. In North Adelaide :( Moved now though. Three of us got robbed in North Adelaide, same block. Unreal x

Guest Trakki
I am really scared about this happing as our house a door that is really difficult to lock so sometimes we don't. Will have to try and find a way to lock it.

Get onto your agent and explain that you are having trouble locking the door and you want it sorted, they should get onto the landlord, say that you need to lock it not only for security but you are worried about one of the children getting out without you realising. HTH

Guest Team 'W'

Maybe if the plods stop sitting in wait for unsuspecting drivers who go about their daily routine of dropping kids of a school and shopping and basically living their life,and booking them for being just [and i mean just over the speed limit ] in grand boulavard ..got of their backsides and made their presence known thru the day hanging around targeted areas like seaford rise ,they might catch the retards that are doing it.. so in this respect its no different to the UK ..

elaine

Guest Guest75

The scum!!!

Looks like there are opportunist thieves about.

Sounding like a community advert I'd say report anything the least bit suspicious.

Looks like the local Plod know there is a bit of a crime wave going on.

I worry where we are as we are really easy going, we have the dogs to warn us but I don't think they could savage a marsh mellow on a bad day:wacko:

Thanks for bringing this up Chris.

Guest Bakers

Hi all

Well what can I say 2 tv's, ipod & mobile phone with charger (& the english plug still attached!), don't expect to return from a trip to the colonnades to that could have been alot worse hubbys car was in carport with keys in house & left laptops,camera,s etc police think they were disturbed or were stealing to order!

Worse thing is the police said looked a professional job & that they'd probably been watching us :( & stupidly no insurance we thought we'd save pennies until we got in our own house (costly mistake) & also admittedly we were probably far too relaxed after coming from a rough estate in UK & never having a problem didn't expect it here!

Broad daylight, no fingerprints & no witnesses both neighbours in too, they had some balls must have pulled some kind of ute up onto drive coz the tv's were 48" & 50" plasma's heavy to move & then to top it off sat down to give our youngest his hot milk before bed last night & realised they'd took the bloody sofa cushions...obviously for a bit of padding scum bags.

So all please take a little extra care & keep yourselves & your possessions that you've worked so hard for safe, really not enjoying the violated feeling & poor hubby's devastated he's having to watch world cup on a crappy tv!!!

Guest Guest75

I think you are right about being too relaxed here Tess.

Sorry to hear you had no insurance.

We were just the same - feeling safer here than the UK.Leaving keys in cars doors and windows unlocked - I've woken up from BBQ's and the whole house has been open!:wacko:

I think there is less crime here but you still have to keep on your toes.:policeman::policeman:

Guest Bakers

Thanks Tyke

Yes us too & nice walks down the road to new house build, chatting with neighbours & leaving doors open when hubbys on night out...not anymore even resorted to locking all the windows last night, will definately be alot more careful from now on.

Tess

Guest vixpinkbabe
Hi all

Well what can I say 2 tv's, ipod & mobile phone with charger (& the english plug still attached!), don't expect to return from a trip to the colonnades to that could have been alot worse hubbys car was in carport with keys in house & left laptops,camera,s etc police think they were disturbed or were stealing to order!

Worse thing is the police said looked a professional job & that they'd probably been watching us :( & stupidly no insurance we thought we'd save pennies until we got in our own house (costly mistake) & also admittedly we were probably far too relaxed after coming from a rough estate in UK & never having a problem didn't expect it here!

Broad daylight, no fingerprints & no witnesses both neighbours in too, they had some balls must have pulled some kind of ute up onto drive coz the tv's were 48" & 50" plasma's heavy to move & then to top it off sat down to give our youngest his hot milk before bed last night & realised they'd took the bloody sofa cushions...obviously for a bit of padding scum bags.

So all please take a little extra care & keep yourselves & your possessions that you've worked so hard for safe, really not enjoying the violated feeling & poor hubby's devastated he's having to watch world cup on a crappy tv!!!

Same here, we were being watched, hate that thought :( No insurance either, only temp accommodation, wanted to wait for new house before we got it, big mistake. Got insurance now though for moving in Friday, never making that mistake again! xx

Guest Team 'W'

BUT being vigilant dont always work : i made a rite pilock of myself thinking i was doing some one a favour on the beach last summer ...here goes...

My family and i decided to have tea sat on aldinga beach one evening in the summer, this white ute came by with a trailer with a dinghy on [nothing strange there then] ..the blokes took of on the surf with their dinghy ,they had been gone a little while ,when anuther ute came on with a dog,the dog ran towards us and wouldnt respond to its owner so he drove to us to collect the dog[nice bloke]..the next thing as he was driving back up the beach he stopped by the first ute unhooked the trailer and put it on his own ute ,drove past us smiling ...

So theres the blokes ute trailerless and they was out at sea,i was fuming to think that someone could just drive up to a ute and nick the trailer ,i was throwing my arms around on the beach trying to attract these blokes attention[cos i thought how the hell are they gonna get their dinghy home now..they was on there way back into the beach as luck would have it, on reaching the beach ,i ran over to them shouting your trailers just been nicked and pointed to where the bloke had just pulled up on the main rd watching us [he obviously new what i was doing ]they was shouting to me has he just nicked my trailer ,i shouted yes ,still fuming ,they started laughing ,i hadnt a clue what they thought was so funny ,till five mins later ....one of the blokes said laughing and looking up at the bloke on the main rd " aw he's just pissed cos we nicked his boat with out asking ,and the bloke who's boat it was came and nicked there trailer to get his own back on his mates ...i cud av phones the cops and everything...a bit of fun, but i could have made it ten times worse ...to say i felt like a total dipstick was an understatement....

So thats my story of me trying to be Mrs Marples [not] must admit i am wary to get involved now tho ...

elaine x

i know how you feel, only moved into our house a week and they took a box of beer, babys buggy and my sons school bag from the car! also the boys scooters took of the drive SCUMBAGS stealing off kids too! WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!

so glad we have a dog now but still dont really feel safe:sad:

sue xxx

Guest back clan

We got burgled two months after arriving here last november. They took tv , dvd, laptops all my jewellery, my mams cash, she was here on holiday, xmas tree, u name it and my OH's shorts, yes shorts. They left him standing in what he was wearing!!!!.

4 days ltr the police stopped a car driving slowly round the streets near us in glengowrie and it was full of stolen gear. None of ours but when they went into their houses they found our tv and our daughters mobile phone.

He admitted to 78 counts of burglary and is in the nick now.Yipee!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scmercer
Hi all

Just happened to us yesterday in in broad daylight they broke the door down and managed to leave with tvs, ipods, computers and all my jewelry. I also noticed they had taken my babies blankets too!! I was only out for 30 mins.

All I can say it never happened to us in the UK, I didnt expect it here at all. It has put me off being here.

Reducing crime and lifting revenue from traffic tickets.

SAPOL the way forward...

Dont worry there is a new initiative adapted from the UK coming to a community near you soon.

Community policng (NPT), they will help reduce crime in your area. Just make sure they work the same times that crooks find helpful..

The wheel has been re-invented again!!!

If you are subject to any crime report record and rejoice, you are not the only ones and I can assure you very little will be done to help catch the crooks. In less they are seen speeding hooning or breaching a rule under the ARR..

Lock it or loose it!!